PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

901blends

Lurker
Apr 23, 2018
Ordered some Angler's Dream. Received in a Sutliff sealed bag.
Am I just out of the loop on this or has it been produced by Sutliff since it returned and I just happened to get the sealed container vs scooped out bulk?
It would make sense to source production from Sutliff if they need the P&C mad laboratory to keep Anni Kake and other time/space consuming blends being made.
Just curious.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sutliff and Lane make it all ... just kidding but sometimes it seems that way.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Sutliff has always made it. They changed how they sell it, e.g. packaging.

901blends

Lurker
Apr 23, 2018
I'm guessing it was probably in 5lb bags before and 1lb bags are newer? I do dig the Sutliff 1lb bag size.
Makes buying blending materials nice if you know it comes in that thick sealed bag.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yep, always been that way. They do Mac Baren and many others as well. Bought a bag of AD last year.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/sutliff-anglers-dream

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
OK, I'm intrigued....just look at my member name and avatar. What is Angler's Dream?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
One of Russ's Fisherman themed blends, and one of my top 5 tobaccos. Nice OTC burley style blend with a touch of cinnamon.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Burley is good, cinnamon, only if its a small touch.
But the real issue is that it seems it's only available through P&C. They won't ship to Canada....

901blends

Lurker
Apr 23, 2018
It's really seasoned vs aromatic in the dano-american sense. You probably won't even detect cinnamon.
It's the great american all day smoke. It has nice thick cuts of delicious looking burley scattered throughout it like the goodies in a nice risotto.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
As noted, Angler's Dream has been produced by Sutliff from the beginning. The reason for the packaging change is that Sutliff went to 1 lb. bags a while ago, and it would have been difficult to ask them to use a different label. We've never been secretive about who makes our blends. Also, some of the RO Series and the Golden Triangle series are produced by Daughters & Ryan.
Russ

901blends

Lurker
Apr 23, 2018
Thanks for the clarification Russ!
I hope some day we can order the sealed 1lb bag as standalone SKU as well for the P&C blends.
Some times I would rather let it be backordered than get 4oz now and 12oz later ordering 16oz bulk.
The sealed bag is also less work for the order picker.

Status
Not open for further replies.