And I Bring You The Most Epic Pipe Turds...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
ac91e2b30dc7010b75ccca1d787ba6fe.jpg

May 31, 2012
The original pipe turds thread was funnier than this thread:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/i-bring-you-the-two-sides
8)

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
This thread is just absolutely brilliant. Laughing out loud with many of the pics

Yeh, the other turd pipe thread gets read and recited back to me frequently by my local pipe club buddies, as well as having stuff from that pipemakers forum gassed back to me occasionally, probably to see if they can rile me up. Not that I was ever riled up to begin with. But, now the mention of the pipemakers forum just makes me gag. The idea of reading about what a bunch of egocentric turd munchers that think they know better than the consumer what they'd "should" want in a pipe seems about as delicious to me as drinking a tall glass of warm saliva. I try to avoid talking to craftsmen that make these things. I learned a long time ago that putting someone on a pedestal or idolizing them is a quick road to disappointment. However, I do like the pipemakers that come on here without their ego and give input to a conversation, at least until they start wanting to cram their credentials up my ass. Then, I just consider that attempted rape. :puffy: they can keep the sodomy at the pipemaker's site for all I care. This is where the buyers and pipe smokers are on equal footing as far as I am concerned. If I want an expert, I want to at least lube up first.

May 31, 2012
Cosmic,

generalizing in general is rather poor form,

as relating to PMF, I think it's been a great resource and actually helped improve the state of pipecraft in many ways, on any forum you will find ego-freaks, and also major dumbasses like me, so to make a blanket statement and say something similar like PipesMag is full of dumbasses, based only on me being the one only true dumbass, would be a little overboard.
Just my 2¢

:puffy:

latest

Pipe making existed before there was a forum. Overgeneralization? They come over here and stir up the mook. At least they did in that thread. I just don't want to hear their banter. Someone wants to tell me what makes a better pipe... Well, I just walk away... Or throw pies at the swine. We are the buyers. Do you think I am going to have a salesman rattle on and on about why I should buy their new fangled coffee maker, or widget, or whatknot over what I know to be true? Nah. Am I old and set in my ways? Sure. Am I am asshole, probably, just don't try to rape me. Ha ha.

This is why I don't bend over to pick up the soap at pipe shows. :puffy:
If it weren't for poor form, I'd have no form at all. Everyone is welcome to go to that site all they want. Anyone can say whatever about how a pipe out performs another. Sure. Why can I just not like that site? This is the second time I two weeks someone has accused me of poor form for not liking that site. I don't like bowling either, someone want to call me out as an asshole for that, ha ha.
I'm old, and I am not gonna change dammit! :puffy:

May 31, 2012
Okay,

I'm not gonna try to alter yer perspective with my rambling tirades,

I was just depositing my double nickels on the dime to the subject.
For the record,

I do not consider you an asshole,

stubborn unchanging old farts are my favorite peoples!

For real.

:!:
I really dig how you are never afraid to speak yer peace, express yerself, or give honest opinion,

such stuff makes for fertile grounds,

methinks.

:puffy:

If I want to know which car is the best buy, I don't ask the salesman, nor the car company. If I want to know which Latakia blend is the best, I don't call Greg Pease. If I want to talk to someone about what makes a great pipe, this is the place. I couln't care less about what Eltang has to say. Sure, his pipes may be fantastic, but the rubber meets the road with us pipe smokers. What the pipemakers think, doesn't mean beans to me. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.