An Unexpected Visit to Georgia (Country) and Meeting with Kanse (Pic. Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Awesome landscapes! I plan to visit more eastern coutries in the coming years on my motorcycle. This year it´s the Czech Republic but Azerbaijan and Georgia should definitely be among those destinations. :clap:

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
jvnshr-

Thanks for sharing the great photos and story! Looks like a great time was had by all. Its good to get away once in a while, good to spend time with loved ones and friends. That is a beautiful Church, what a view!............ :puffy:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
They both look like very suspicious characters. Keep an eye on 'em.
Kanse is studying psychology, so looking suspicious is his thing I guess. I just look sexy :nana:
Very nice story an pictures too. Thanks! I do have a question now. Are the cigars there as costly as pipe tobacco to get? Nice selection you had there. Hummm!
Scrooge, unfortunately it is almost impossible to find pipe tobacco in Azerbaijan, you may just find few OTC aromatic blends. Regarding the cigars, there are some good sellers. The thing is they only sell few brands and the prices are really high. So I order my cigars from the States, mostly from cigarsinternational and I always wait for good deals (20% off sale, cheap samplers, etc.), otherwise I can't afford smoking cigars. And I smoke them only on special occasions.
Looks like a good deal of fun. I like the symbolism of jumping over the fire.
It is an old zoroastrian belief
Awesome landscapes! I plan to visit more eastern coutries in the coming years on my motorcycle. This year it´s the Czech Republic but Azerbaijan and Georgia should definitely be among those destinations. :clap:
Please let me know when you visit Azerbaijan.
Guys, thank you very much for the compliments, I am glad that you liked the post. Kanse doesn't post much here, but he knows a lot about pipe tobacco blends. We have to force him to post more.

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
Great post jvnshr! Thanks for taking the time, Georgia looks Beautiful! A nice place for a meet up too! I'm with Deathmetal on the coolness of old Zoroastrian Norvuz rituals...Good stuff!

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
Beautiful country, thank you for sharing pics. Always nice to see actual forum members photos.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
That church on the mountain looks glorious Javan, I would love to see it inside. I've always had a love of ecclesiastical architecture (though I am an atheist), and whenever I visited a new town or village I would seek out the old churches.
Here in Cornwall we are blessed with Norman churches in just about every village in the county and there are only a few I have yet to visit.
Regards,
Jay.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Great story and I love the pics.
What is the shipping like when ordering from the states?

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Thanks for sharing! Meetings like that should be the goal of everyone on this forum. The idea of meeting up with members for a smoke and fellowship is so cool.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Jay, unfortunately we didn't get inside, we thought the place was closed, well, it wasn't :)
Fitzy, there is a forwarding company in Delaware that receives the goods and forwards them to Azerbaijan. For 1.1 lb (500 grams) I pay $5.30. Recently I've learned that they can't ship tobacco anymore, it causes some problems with the customs office.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
:clap: -Absolutely spectacular! Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Nice job on the panoramic shots, too, by the way.
It amazes me (and just makes me happy) to see how even a common interest and a simple venue to share that interest can bring together people who live so far apart. In that picture, you guys look like old friends.
Most fun thread in a long while ... :puffy:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
:clap: -Absolutely spectacular! Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Nice job on the panoramic shots, too, by the way.
It amazes me (and just makes me happy) to see how even a common interest and a simple venue to share that interest can bring together people who live so far apart. In that picture, you guys look like old friends.
Most fun thread in a long while ... :puffy:
Thanks a lot ophiuchus. I was thinking the same thing. Meeting someone for the first time and start talking right away about something in common have never been that easy. It was indeed like speaking to an old friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.