Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Yes cobs are great.

20150228_143514.jpg

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
^^ Bent Twain with a nosewarmer Forever Stem- what a combo! Mine makes sweet, sweet love to VaPers like you wouldn't believe!

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
Is mine a bent twain? It is hard to tell from my pic, but it looks like the one on the far right edge, with the stock stem. It does do virginias well, I need to grab some more straight virginia.

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
Is mine a bent twain? It is hard to tell from my pic, but it looks like the one on the far right edge, with the stock stem. It does do virginias well, I need to grab some more straight virginia.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
The Twain is my favorite by far. I agree ^^^ with aldecaker
+1 ... like derfargin, I was a Country Gent fan for quite awhile because they are fantastic smokers.
However, the Mark Twain has been taking the top spot and the Diplomat (both apple and chimney) are right behind.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Speaking of apologies, I apologize to all of the "Rings" fans for misspelling Cobbit in my earlier post. My only dismay with MM cobs is that the stock stem on most pipes is pretty soft and I soon chew through them. Forever stems solve this problem for a few bucks, which is worth it because my cobs have last years and still going. As mentioned before, the Cobbit pipes have vulcanite stems and the MM freehands have acrylic stems, so MM is addressing this shortcoming. I have used soft bits on one pipe to keep from chewing through the plastic bit, and even without that, they do last a few years, but I have, ahem, quite a few pipes. Not a record holder on Forums where people do restoration, resale, and buy pipes by the lot on ebay, but a gracious plenty I will say.

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
My cob is getting a bit of a workout over the long weekend. Trying an OTC on the patio
20151127_151827_zps0cqivozg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.