PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
A fool and his money... I don't care how badly I might want something - I won't buy if the price is absurdly high, not just because of financial limitations, but out of principle. I don't support price gougers.
It seems that in our modern society, we're so accustomed addicted to the instant gratification of having everything we want delivered to our door with free two day shipping that we (collectively) have forgotten that it's possible, and perfectly acceptable, to do without (gasp) something that is not an actual necessity. I would even go so far as to argue that we have largely lost the ability to distinguish between necessity and desire. Mindless consumerism is firmly embedded in our culture.
It's an auction, so the final price is the result of competition between bidders. I wouldn't call that gouging. I don't entirely disagree with the rest of your post. Consumer credit card debt is at all time highs. If I can't buy it for cash I don't buy it, with a few exceptions. But something that goes on the card gets paid off each month.

Reactions: Briar Lee

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Why is no one talking about how much of a genius this guy is??

He figured out how to get that 'cute red head girl' at school to go out with him!

Its just a simple 40 year plan of building an empire so you have (almost) 3.75 million dollars in disposable income and then you buy some hockey cards!

How could she possibly say no?

He NAILED IT!

Reactions: Briar Lee

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
It's an auction, so the final price is the result of competition between bidders. I wouldn't call that gouging. I don't entirely disagree with the rest of your post. Consumer credit card debt is at all time highs. If I can't buy it for cash I don't buy it, with a few exceptions. But something that goes on the card gets paid off each month.
Sure, an auction is an auction. The comment about price gouging was more of an extension of what I had previously said. I have a bad habit of letting my comments become a somewhat rambling stream of consciousness; perhaps I owe that to all the "codger" blends I smoke making me more codgerly.

Reactions: sablebrush52

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Why is no one talking about how much of a genius this guy is??

He figured out how to get that 'cute red head girl' at school to go out with him!

Its just a simple 40 year plan of building an empire so you have (almost) 3.75 million dollars in disposable income and then you buy some hockey cards!

How could she possibly say no?

He NAILED IT!
"Find out how to make yourself irresistible to women with this ONE WEIRD TRICK!"