PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
whilst browsing online for alternatives to what my b and m may have I came across these. http://www.smoke.co.uk/acatalog/Amphora_Tattoo.html They look downright weird. I'm not entirely convinced they're for tobacco, perhaps amphora are having to make ganja pipes on the side. I could be wrong though. I was wondering what you guys think, since they are at least cheap and while they bowls not as tall as I'd like they seem like theyd be good for an on the go smoke.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think £23.50 ($38.07) is a little pricey for such a "pipe".

BB1A-420.gif

Besides, if you're young, it'll increase the probability of getting

hassled by the police. Not that it's a problem; but it is a hassle

none-the-less.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
With a 1.8x2.5cm (0.8"x0.98") bowl, you're not going to get much of a smoke out of them...might be ok for 15 minute "smoke-breaks" at work, but certainly not for a long contemplative puff.

I would also question the quality of the briar; it looks to me like the bowl is lined, and the pipe is most certainly leather wrapped - for $40, you should be able to find a half-decent Medico, or for a few bucks more, you're shopping for Brighams, Savinellis, etc. Might be worthwhile checking out Invicta Briars as well, some very nice pipes at extremely reasonable prices.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
It is quite common to roll ones cigarettes in Europe , this is thier answer to a quick smoke without papers . There is another one that looks about the same but the name eludes me . The Europeans have some very tasty cigarette tobacco of much better quality than that found in the states . Most of your better quality rolling papers also hail from France and the like . Only in Americas are we poisoned with paper bag tobacco enhanced to form addiction . You can still get real tobacco cigarettes in the most of the rest of the world . Some of the finest cigarettes in the world are made in the Philippines , and they are additive free . :D

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I've only sampled a few of Daughters & Ryan's tobaccos, but their pipe tobacco

-- and they go out of their way to proclaim it as such -- is of obviously high quality,

although it tastes very cigarette-like. I can only imagine that their RYO tobacco

is held to the same high standards; and would be ideal for the above coffee-break pipe.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
well, more than anything I need something I could smoke between lectures at university or walking about the city streets. right now my collection of pipes is good for solitary reflection, reading, walking my hometown at night and the like but the city puts a different strain on me, so I'm looking to avoid anything cigarettish, lest I break into old habits again.

Status
Not open for further replies.