PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
On the contrary, Mr. Sothron, I never discuss politics on this forum, since it is clearly against the rules. I merely point out when others are. Have a wonderful day.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Well thank goodness there is someone here that can keep order and be a conscience to the rest of us unruly criminal types who like to break the rules. I am always so glad when the sheriff shows up to teach us poor towns folk the error of our ways...... For some reason I thought that was the moderators jobs course I could be wrong, after all I'm just a pipe puffin, redneck. :wink:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
OK, gang. As "sheriff" I'm telling everyone to not point fingers and start a flame war. Let's keep to the topic at hand.
For my part, I will continue to buy up tobacco to get my cellar into a size that I deem large enough to not have to worry about my favorites disappearing. Since I only shoot occasionally, at targets at that, I don't see a need for stocking up. That said, when I went to my local gun shop, they were completely out of .22 rounds. They're supposed to et more "next week" but since I won't be able to get there in the wee hours of the morning to wait in line, looks like I'll be out a little longer.
-Jason

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
I am stockpiling way more tobacco than ammo because I can't find ammo! I have been shooting through my stockpile of ammo faster than I can replenish it. I am going to get into reloading in the near future so I don't have to deal with these ammo shortages.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Here in Canada we don't seem to be going through the same shortages issues with ammo. Of course if you buy too much at once because everything is recorded in a little book you might get a visit from big brother to check what you need with all that ammo. I shoot IPSIC and PPC and have been reloading my own for a while now. Lead is getting harder to get what with China buying a bunch of it up for automotive tooling. Tobacco here is not exactly the greatest selection. In the small town that I live near, about 20,000 people including surrounding area the best you can do at one store in town is get a pouch of drug store tobacco like Erinmore, CB or if you are really lucky one of the Brigham blends. Of course for your trouble it will run you about $25.00 including tax.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Why is it that everything I love makes me an enemy of the state???
Has always been my question as well.
I also reload so I'm pretty good on ammo

Im aleady planning and getting ready to grow my own baccy on this farm this year

Both of these are the way to go.
As far as me... Im concentrating on tobacco at the moment. My firearms and ammo are not where I would "like" them but I have a buddy who travels around the country looking for a reloader, ammo and firearms on a purely cash and carry basis!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Buy Tobbaco and quit target practice, hold what you got, the tide will turn, more Americans are seeing the media for what they are. HYPOCRATES, probably didn"t spell that right, don"t care , I can shoot. The old cajun

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Chris if you are a shotgunner, trap and skeet etc. Look at Natchez. I got their catolog the other day and they have dove and quail loads #8 shot for $4.99. Been years since I saw that price.

kanaia

Feb 3, 2013
One good thing is that both items are great for bartering.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Kanaia, you forgot booze. I'm thinking about making my own still and trying my hand at making some spirits. Purely for my own consumption since I'm sure ill screw it up and make trash.
-Jason

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
lordnoble, we make a lot of hooch down here on the farm, mostly from the abundant muscadines that grow everywhere. Also various blackberry contraptions as the bushes grow like weeds. We've also experimented with more traditional spirits. A fine hobby. And yes, an excellent barter item.

falcon76

Lurker
Dec 15, 2012
I was lucky and stocked up on ammo before it started flying off the shelf at high prices. Tobacco on the other hand I have just started to stock up on,hope I have time before it to becomes to expensive. I should make the two minute drive to the brewery supply store and brush up on my home brewing now that it has been mentioned.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Roth, you can buy bail top bottles for homebrewing. You probably will not want to buy what you once had for free, but it is an option. There is a Canadian manufacturer for sure and I am certain there is an American supplier, if not alternative manufacturers. I have seen them listed in Brew Your Own magazine which is an American publication and I have used them many times myself. The glass will last forever and all you need to do is occasionally replace the gaskets after several uses...

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I'm good on ammo so I'm stocking up on tobacco. I'm also growing some and experimenting with curing methods and and leaf types to see what will make the best smoke. I've got a little air cured burly that turned out ok just very strong and harsh. May be by the time the hammer falls I will have my system worked out to make a good smoke. I to make some home made wine so I have got all the important stuff covered.

joshwolftree

I have a pretty good store of ammo for my two bolt actions. Fortunately I make my own booze and can reload ammo if necessary. I'm working on a 15 gallon batch of sake right now,and a coupla gallons o wine. Stockin up nicely on the tobacco, I mean nowhere near like say, Cigrmaster's stash. but I could probably run a few months On what I got. and as far as just strict supplies go I'm pretty far out in nowhere land where I live and can bowhunt,butcher,tan hides, smoke,render fat to make candles,use bone to make arrow heads,use sinew to make bow strings,and make my own recurve bows, and fletch the arrows.

So when the apocalyptic schiza hit the fan, I should be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.