PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
In the past week, I have received packages from three forum members, who shall remain anonymous, that are just amazing! The first was several samples of different years of McClelland tobacco for taste and appearance comparison plus a few Yenidje leaves! Second came a plug of Erinmore Plug, that I otherwise would likely have not had access too, but I do love me some Erinmore! Third came just a few minutes ago. Two Kaywoodie pipes, one with a case, and amber stem! Needless to say, I am very humbled by such kindness, and am just blown away by how many people on this forum are so kind and giving to one another without ever having met. Thank you all, and though nothing was asked for in return from any of you, your kindness will be rewarded.
The world needs more pipe smokers. :wink:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Generally speaking, this forum is populated by selfish pricks, but there are a few pearls... although I'm uncertain why three pearls targeted you for a kind act :)

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Not to mention we love to give each other a good ribbing from time to time too!

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It's always humbling in the extreme to be picked for such an act of kindness. Shockingly I received such a gift from a member of the Porsche forum I joined. After whining about the fact I'd have to pay $500 for a spare key, a guy sent me two keys, an oil filter, and a Hotwheels Cayman. It seems such kindness goes beyond the virtual walls of this particular forum, something I'd not expected. Some believe that the internet is responsible for isolating people. This has not been my experience.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Most of these guys and gals have hearts of gold and much generosity, when their blood sugar is stable.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Capt who ever gave you the Erinmore plug is a capital P....

He did you no favours, you'll be hooked

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
Wow, that is amazingly kind! The people on these forums are very amazing people. Are Kaywoodie pipes really good?

drunkblowhard

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2015
Looks like the under barely came in on number of posts it would take Nate to mention his Porsche on this thread!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Capt who ever gave you the Erinmore plug is a capital P....

He did you no favours, you'll be hooked
That's what I'm afraid of, it smells incredible!
img_20160826_0032332-337x600.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
This generosity you mention has been a part of my experience here too.

At first I was taken aback and unsure and am still incredulous at times.

I've made trades, and received gifts as well. Unsolicited and surprising. It makes you think and wonder how to better participate in the group as a member of 'the family'.

We learned about tobacco from the North American Indian, and they knew a thing or two about peace and politics.

Smoke a pipe and differences can seem to drift away on a cloud of it.

aeropuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2016
I received a pipe from one of the Mod's. The pipe is beautiful. it's out standing. I'd never be able to afford such a masterpeace. A big thank you to this Mod.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Blowhard, it's tragic, not that I mentioned the word, but that you felt the need to note it. You're as predictable as I am.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
That Erinmore plug looks - interesting. I wouldn't know how to properly get that into my pipe lol. In fact I'm getting some flake tobacco today and I'm going to research how to use it because I have no idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.