PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Spent the last 3 days enjoying a morning pipe with my coffee. Did C&D Morning Drive Time, Dunhill EMP, and some 1-Q. For the huge English lover i am i actually prefer something a little lighter to start my day. Really enjoyed the 1-Q.
Tarak on the topic of hot drink and pipe I've also enjoyed a nice vanilla chamomile tea at night with some Eileen's Dream. The two go together like a horse and carriage! :D

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
The last couple of days have been a couple cups with some Nightcap. Perfect start to the day.

B

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
While I have some pretty fancy coffee here, my favorite coffee is nestle instant. Easy to make and tastes good. I go to France every year and learned to like instant there since that's what most of my family always drinks at home. Other than that I prefer what they call espresso.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
Nothing better than a dark roast and a pipe in the morning. For me the first pipe of the day, complemented by a good cup of java starts things on the right foot. Sadly, the days don't always continue on course.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
Coffee irritates my stomach, so I drink tea. I love a good Irish Breakfast Tea in the morning, made stout, very hot, with a little milk.
There is an episode in James Joyce's Ulysees about tea. Someone complains about the strength of the tea an old woman makes. She says, "When I makes tea, I makes tea. When I makse water, I makes water. "
By the way, if anyone has any suggestions for types of coffee that are easy on the stomach, I'd love to hear them. I love coffee, but drink maybe one cup a week because it shreds my gut.

drcarlo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
AM pipe and coffee....the most important procedure.
I smoke Dunhill Early Morning pipe in a Poul Winslow Crown Viking pipe. 2 bowls.
I drink 3 cups of dubble espresso with 2 oz steamed milk.
The coffee is made on my mistress...a La Pavoni EDH Europiccola. I love that machine. If I travel by car, I bring my Pavoni.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
This is among my favorite times of day and one of my most cherished daily rituals. Enjoy, my friend.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
McClelland's Bombay Court and coffee is on of my all time favorites. I love blends with a little Latakia with my coffee.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
i wake up especially early, just so i can enjoy my peterson, with some cornell&diehl good morning tobac. sets the pace for the day :puffy:

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
My am's are a blueberry muffin with a glass of milk and a pipe stuffed full of a Lat blend in the car on my way to work.

professorwheezy

Might Stick Around
Jul 3, 2013
One of my local B&M's is actually a smoke/gun shop. It combines two of my passions. Sounds like you'd do well to check out cupojoes.com Nice site which would appear to cater to YOUR interests.
Yes, a thermos of coffee (generally Dunkin Regular made in a French Press) and a smoke or two or four, in my bag chair, on the front lawn under a tree, reading and writing and praying in the morning. It's a simple pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.