PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
First, let me say that I never expected to get this kind of response. This place is seeming more and more like a family than anything else. All of you have given great advice, and lostandfound I really thought it was me, I thought I had ruined this pipe for good, so I will try all of this and find what works. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

P.S. Just in case you're wondering why this cheap-o pipe seems so important, its because my little brother bought it for me last time he was home and he is stationed in Hawaii, so I don't get to see him that often and this pipe is kind of my way of treating the sadness from missing him. Sorry, didn't mean to get all sappy.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
so I don't get to see him that often and this pipe is kind of my way of treating the sadness from missing him. Sorry, didn't mean to get all sappy.
Not sappy at all, I can completely understand, that's as good as reason as any to smoke a particular pipe in my book. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
Thanks numbersix, and I've noticed so far that if I wait until the pipe is completely cooled then take it apart to clean it, that it takes longer to get the gurgle. Also, right after a smoke I blow through the mouth piece and then swab out the bowl. This seems to be helping so far.

plumbersdope

Lurker
Mar 10, 2013
I would add try a bit of alcohol on your pipe cleaner when you swab it out after you smoke.(its cooled down) I have one pipe that has a tendency too gurgle and trap moisture so I pack it very loose and take an extra step of doing one pipe cleaner with high proof alcohol on the end. Then I follow up with a dry pipe cleaner and that really helps with that particular pipe too keep it from gurgling and getting the moisture out of the pipe. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.