Alright, Serious Question of The Day: Do You Add Anything to your Coffee?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

9 Fresh Savinelli Autograph Pipes
New Cigars
12 Fresh IMP Meerschaum Pipes
3 Fresh Peter Heding Pipes
12 Fresh Mastro Geppetto Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Black, with black being defined as nothing added to it. If required, a slug of something alcoholic as a warmer, but only as required, not for enjoyment.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Very strong, ...sometimes with cardamom, sugar, and cream.

When I want a real comfort coffee it’s Folgers, with lots of sugar and milk. Old Donato Cantu operated the backhoe for 40 years and that’s how he shared it with us. The true thermos coffee!!

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Coffee has a lot of versatility.
Sometimes black.
Sometimes with just sugar.
Sometimes with sugar and cream.
Sometimes with liquor.
On weekends I usually add a little sugar and 6-8 Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips.
I'm on a carb restriction right now so I'm putting chocolate protein shake in my daily. Not a bad facsimile of a mocha.
Never with non-dairy creamer.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It depends on the type of coffee. With Turkish I always sweeten it with sugar, which is how the blends was intended to be enjoyed. Expresso is always black. Mostly I add a bit of cream and sweetener to most coffees.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Black. Always. I prefer espresso. If it's a Cappuccino I prefer bone dry, no sugar.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
My opinion Cafe Bustelo is a good compromise between rotgut commercial and whole bean, for which I won't pay. Very strong and always black.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Cream and sugar in the first mug; after that, it's all black.
Black only out of the percolator. :D

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't recommend my "way," since everyone has to tune this to their own tastes and needs. And I'm afraid my habits aren't those I'd choose, except others don't work. Never any sweetener of any kind. I take my sweets selectively a different way, in solid treats, peanut clusters in dark chocolate right now. And I take very little 2% milk, enough to soften the acidic taste and buffer my stomach somewhat. It lightens the coffee slightly, but only slightly. Not very coffee saavy, but ingestible for me. Cream and half-and-half, though acceptable at a coffee shop, are too cloying and mask the coffee somewhat. Don't use powdered "creamer" of any kind. I'll drink it black instead. I had no idea how fussy I am until I wrote this down. I learn something on every post, even my own.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Black! Whether I'm drinking fresh ground or instant. There are, believe it or not, good tasting instants. I learned that in Russia. Instant was all that was available in most homes and many cafes.
And, I dare say, the finest cups are those made with grounds from the red can, perked over a camp fire as the sun peeps over the hills.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Black. The only time I put anything in my coffee is when I occasionally add whipped cream to the top of a double espresso for a con panna.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Yes, well I happen to like a little coffee in my cream and sugar.. so, light and sweet w h&h always unless I'm punishing myself.

And not that anyone asked but I use a pour over with Illy or Organic Columbian. I don't want any pesticides w my diabetes ty..

Status
Not open for further replies.