PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Praying for the best outcome. I will keep my eye out from some of that shaving equipment

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Bill - I'm sorry to hear your news. Sounds like you've got the cancer under control and now it's living well to reinforce that control. It's such a shame about your pipes, but I hope you find something else to focus on. Ironically I've just bought a Merkur 34C and 50 Personna blades that haven't even arrived yet. Please PM me If you're interested in an across the pond trade!
All the best, Andy

joeval

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
Sorry to hear all that - glad you've beaten it and good luck for your (speedy) recovery!

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
Thank you all for your well wishes,,,it means the world to me,,Bill

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Keep on the mend and get your exercise tolerance back to top condition. Now hopefully your most difficult decision is whether to keep some pipes around as remembrance and as a form of art, or to get rid of the bunch and find a new hobby. It is great to be alive to have that choice. Our prayers are with you.

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
Well, did a pipe for razor swap, Hope its something Ill like,,,(Gillette super speed adjustable), now perhaps a brush and some soap for the other pipe and Ill b good to go,

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
Glad to hear they caught it early and best wishes your way.
Can I ask - how did they catch it early? I did some reading awhile ago and it seemed like symptoms either got noticeable a bit late, or the individual had a chest xray for something entirely unrelated.

neverbend

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2014
Neverbend,,,,i have had no experience at all with them,,is that a single edge type thing? And thanks for the good wishes.
Hi Bill,
They're a self contained razor and blade sharpener. You can see them on eBay and I put a link to one below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-ROLLS-RAZOR-VISCOUNT-MODEL-Made-in-England-Safety-Shaving-Handle-/121367330989?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c420e80ad
They were made in England, mostly from 1960 and before. If you private msg me an address I'd be happy to send you one because I no longer use them (no trade needed).
Regards,
Pete

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
I wish you all the best and hope for a speedy recovery. You are making a great choice on your new hobby. I find a good shave to be just as relaxing as a good smoke.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Well I am glad they were able to remove it! That's scary stuff, my dad wasn't as lucky as you and those sticks did quite a number on him. I'm very glad your still around for your family.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
They're a self contained razor and blade sharpener. You can see them on eBay and I put a link to one below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-ROLLS-RAZOR-VISCOUNT-MODEL-Made-in-England-Safety-Shaving-Handle-/121367330989?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c420e80ad
They were made in England, mostly from 1960 and before. If you private msg me an address I'd be happy to send you one because I no longer use them (no trade needed).
Regards,
Pete
Those rolls razors are pretty cool looking!! I've been wanting one for some time but it haven't been in the cards. Very generous of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.