PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
...and for those of you easily distracted- here's a picture of the pipe without Greta...:)
33w3594.jpg

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Woe what are the dimensions on this pipe it looks Bradley sized! Both are great looking!

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Dimensions on the new pipe are 7.25 w/ a 1.75 bowl depth. I'm still waiting on a shipment of Cumberland and Ebonite to come in from Germany so I can cut a stem that actually works with the pipe. I'm guessing with that stem, it will be around 6.5"
At this point, I'm using the lathe for all the drilling- loving the precision. I'll be using it more heavily when I start using bamboo and ivory in the pipes. Plays a big role in the stem shaping as well...
I'm working on some drawings for some of the more classic shapes that should start showing up in the next few weeks- even with a lot of years on a wood lathe, it takes time to get used to the whole idea of using the compound slide on a metal lathe. I've already figured out that the next purchase is a big hunk of old American iron. The little handwheels on the Chinese lathes are lousy for cutting smooth arcs on stummels....
Still having fun- even if I did destroy a beautiful piece of old briar this week after about 6 hours of working on it...
Zack

Status
Not open for further replies.