PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, thats a purty pipe. Now you need a 9242 with Perspex and one with silver and Perspex. I know they made 9438s with Perspex but I've never seen 9242 with one, I'm sure there's one out there somewhere.
Thanks! I'm not a Perspex guy, just sold/traded the two I had. In he collage above, the silver band 9242 is from 1950. I don't think I've seen a 9242 with Perspex (it would likely be a Virgin grade).

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It felt like I was being watched. And this morning, I don't remember a lot, and I'm sore in placed I shouldn't be...

I predict some, um... representatives from the Navy are going to be knocking on your door soon, Mr. Jones.

They've been trying to catch that thing for years.

Apparently it lives in your pipe (?!):

:oops:

View attachment 196024
View attachment 196025

Unbound

Lurker
Jan 22, 2023
Were the stingers still intact on any of the 9242's you've restored?
The feel in my hand and the clench of the new standard I have truly is Holy Grail status but I can't get the stinger out of the stem and I can't tell if it's because someone glued it in there, or if that's how it was manufactured.

It truly is a bother to smoke and no amount of soaking, pipe cleaning or pressurized air blowing has made much of a difference in how much you can draw through it. I really should just get a replacement made but have reservations about sending it off and potentially never seeing it again..