Accidental Discovery of Amazing Flavor........

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Neerup Pipes
3 Fresh J. Alan Pipes
36 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
24 Fresh Brigham Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagenthat

Lurker
Oct 17, 2013
first i would like to thank all of you for the recommendations for me when i contemplated giving up the pipe in search of more flavor. i have since discovered a technique that helped me tremendously (completely by accident i might add...lol) this may help out someone experiencing what i was going thru...i take a long slow sip, then just open slowly and not blow it out but just let it flow out on its own all while breathing in through my nose and since nasal passages and mouth are connected this causes the smoke to make a second pass across the taste buds and i suddenly discovered why you guys are so passionate about pipes. the flavor was amazing. not as strong or robust as the cigars i came from but well worth the time and effort i have put into it.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Anything you do to expose the sensory receptors in you retro-nasal passage/chamber will enhance the taste/aroma of your tobacco and your pipe smoking experience. In fact without accesss to those receptors your brain is probably only going to detect sweet, sour, bitter and savoury, without the nuance of aromatics.
Congrats on your discovery, may it keep you puffing happily.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.