PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
I spend some time for the last 24 hours to cut some of my flakes, including Marlin, into small pieces and dry them.

I've had a bowl of it yesterday evening and it was better. Still botching the packing but definitely better. I should maybe cut them in smaller pieces, for now it kinda looks like small broken flakes, and dry them more.
I also forgot to add some very fine threads on top to light it up.

After lighting it up, it wasn't great, I had to puff hard, the thing was burning hot and my mouth was scorched so I let it cool down a little, drank something to appease the mouth. Few minutes later, I lit it up again, much slower puff needed, and the taste got out better.

I still think that I need to adjust a few things but overall, it's much nicer.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
If you REALLY want to understand Virginias go to Whole Leaf Tobacco and order a pound of Yellow, Lemon, Red and Fire Cured. Smoke each in your pipe. This will give you an understanding of what each unadulterated one tastes like.
+1

a good education

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
You thought you were confused, here's some more confusion for you. Sustainable seed has 35 types of bright leaf, Maryland, dark, burley etc..........
http://www.heirloomtobacco.com/Seed_Bank.html
http://sustainableseedco.com/tobacco-seeds/
There are primitives and rusticas
Rustica Tobacco Types
Rustica Tobacco Seed Types
"Nicotiana rustica, known in South America as Mapacho and in Vietnam as Thuoc Lao (thuốc lào), is a plant in the Solanaceae family. It is a very potent variety of tobacco. The high concentration of nicotine in its leaves makes it useful for creating organic pesticides.
Rustica is also used for entheogenic purposes by South American shamans. Growing in the rainforest it contains up to nine times more nicotine than common North American varieties such as N. tabacum. Other reasons for its shamanic use are the comparatively high levels of MAOI beta-carbolines, including the Harmala alkaloids, harman and norharman.[2] Most commonly, it is allowed to soak in water, and the water is then insufflated; it is also smoked in cigars and used as an enema and as an anthelmintic effective against tapeworm infections. In the east of southern of Turkey, people use this herb and ashes of some tree bodies to make a snuff called "Maraş Otu". They use this putting under either of the lips like Swedish snus. It is also a common admixture of Ayahuasca in some parts of the rainforest.
In Russia, N.rustica is called "makhorka" (махорка). It was smoked casually by the lower classes before normal tobacco became widely available (after WWII), and is still sometimes smoked by peasants and farmers.

Status
Not open for further replies.