PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I’ve just learned that the Chicagoland PIpe and Tobacciana Show has received notice of a gift that is not only incredibily generous, but also a beautiful testament to the joy that the show brings to so many in the pipe community. As many of you know, the show is not-for-profit, like the sponsoring pipe club, CPCC. Some years it runs a bit in the black, while others a bit in the red. In addition to the very modest $15 entry fee for attendees, table fees, and event sponsorships, we have a silent auction of items donated by retailers, manufacturers, artisans, and individuals. This auction is critical to balancing the books and keeping the show alive and affordable, and not to mention FUN. I would extend my personal thanks to all these very generous contributors. This year we have a VERY special item. I thought Craig Cobine’s email to the club did a fine job of announcing it, so I’ll share it here with you:
“We just received an email from Nanna Ivarsson that her father, Lars Ivarsson, completed one pipe about 2 weeks before he passed. Nanna is donating this pipe to the silent auction on Saturday at the Show in honor of the many happy hours Lars enjoyed at the Chicago Pipe Show over many years. Lars and Nanna have been very generous with donations to the silent auctions over many years, and this very special Pipe will be the most important donation of them all. Everyone at the Show will have the opportunity to see this historic pipe and one very generous bidder will own it. The Show needs the support of everyone who donates and bids at the silent auction to keep the Show going. All proceeds go to the Show and the silent auction is our most important event. Craig Cobine, Show Director. ”
Thank you, Nanna!!!!!
It is my understanding that the pipe is on its way to Sykes Wilford of Smokingpipes.com and that you can expect to see photos online in the near future.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Brava, brava! That's the cheer for women opera singers, and also Bravo! for her dad. She really knows where his heart resides.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
That is certainly extremely generous!
Rick Newcombe recently spoke of a special display at the Chicago Show in which 60 Lars Ivarsson (or, some number close to that), pipes will be on display in one of the glass cases at the Chicago Show. I can't wait to see that case!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I'll be sure and bring an extra $100 bill to spike the bid to $300 :rofl:

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
That's wonderful. Hope it goes for a bundle.
(Also, you know it's a classy forum when someone knows his 'brava' from his 'bravo'. :rofl: )

Jun 27, 2016
The first number that randomly popped into my head was 5 digits, and so was the second. =O

I have no idea what his pipes are supposed to cost though.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
What a classy gesture, which should be an incredible financial boost for the club/show. I won't be at the show due to work obligations, but I'll hope to hear a fantastic result for the club.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Here's a photo of Nanna I took at the Chicago show two years ago.
PiwZmh6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.