A Truly Stunning eBay Pipe! Amazing Value!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
What's pictured above is the crossbreed of a bear, Barney the Dinosaur, a balloon, and some plutonium. I think the seller's smoking something a lot stronger than wacky tobacky if they think this will sell at that price! A friend has a glass pipe shaped like a Chinese dragon, sitting up and showing its claws. She displays it as glass art, though it's made for the same quasi-legal purpose as this monstrosity. It looks much prettier (guests seem to like it), and it cost her all of $40 in a local shop.

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
I just realized it's been noted that another by these same glassblowers is priced at twelve thousand dollars. Great googly moogly! I asked a friend who smokes, uh, other things, and he says that's jaw-droppingly ridiculous, even for a custom, high-end glass pipe.

ken56

Might Stick Around
Sep 30, 2018
For that amount of Money - I'd have to go with the Sponge Bob Version :D

May 4, 2015
I just realized it's been noted that another by these same glassblowers is priced at twelve thousand dollars. Great googly moogly! I asked a friend who smokes, uh, other things, and he says that's jaw-droppingly ridiculous, even for a custom, high-end glass pipe.
I've done some checking around - they get these prices. They probably think we're all crazy for spending 500-600+ on a small chuck of wood with plastic stem as well. Different strokes, I guess, but I could find a lot of other things to spend 10K on.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
And to think people are actually taking on massive lifetime debt to obtain a college diploma (that will likely get them nowhere) when they could have just learned glass blowing.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I feel sure there are some blown glass artists who are a lot more irked than we are. Probably passing this around on the glass blowers' site.

Status
Not open for further replies.