A Truly Insane Gift?!?! Who Sent This To Me?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

60 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
New Accessories
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
2 Fresh J. Alan Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I've had LOTS of experience with Dunhills, but surprisingly never have had one of these. Should I smoke with it removed or keep it in?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'm "planning" to stop by tonight since you'll be closer to me than at the other spot. Maybe I'll break it in there :)

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Very nice pipe and gift. I'll offer a comment: while natural to feel uncomfortable about such a gift, remember that the person who sent it did so for a reason. They may be placing more value on the ability to give rather than the cost of the item. Sometimes people just like to know someone got something that maybe otherwise they'd never have.
And no, I am not the giver.
Puff on!

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
The same happened to me. It was from a gentleman who I have not seen on here in some time. I mentioned that I was growing a small cellar of Vintage Syrian. He messaged me that he had some extra VS, if I would be interested. I said sure. He said he tossed in a couple older pieps as well. I received about 6 lbs of tobacco, including a 2006 tin of Frog on the log, and other blends that were at least 4-5 years aged, as well as 4 pipes, one of which was a Barling meer. I was truly astounded.
It is my hope that soon I can pay forward the generosity that this forum generates.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I've been on the receiving end of this forums generous heart a few times as well, what a great group of people! Also that pipe is beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.