A Review Of Lane Era Edgeworth Ready Rubbed.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I will make a Wild-Assed Assumption that however Larus made ERR, it will never be repeated. The leaf is different, and I can guarandamntee you that the process would not be the same. And whatever else that they added...employee spit, rat hair, whatever...probably isn't known, is carcinogenic or has become unobtainium.

dermotfahy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Wadies and Gentlemen, I have the pweasure of announcing: Wedgeworth Weady-Wubbed!

15501354867_c96587da05_o.jpg

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
I just re-listened to Kevin's interview (Ref. Episode 105 of The Pipes Magazine Radio Show) of Mr. Wortzel. He stated that the use of the Edgeworth brand name could be problematic because of questions pertaining to copyright; however, "...that's not to say that I can't produce a blend of very similar characteristics." It seems that all that he might need to that end is impetus from enough pipe-smokers to make it economically justifiable.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
"Do you think it would have more class appeal if I put him in a top hat?"
Mr. Fudd has always appealed to the highbrow crowd, as you may recall that he sang Wagner arias in "What's Opera, Doc?" Accordingly, the image below might be more appropriate:
th

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The woice of Elmaw Fwudd, Awthuw Q. Brywan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-TjWBH3Ths
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMPtM-VsBJk

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
I'll second Cake and Dottle's sentiment here. I love a good burley blend, and there was a time when ERR was one of the best OTCs out there. But the latest incarnation of it was nothing to get excited about. I greatly preferred other burley blends, including both PA and CH, so it's demise did not leave a hole in my rotation.

That being said, has anyone else here tried C&Ds Cube Cut Burley? It's the closest thing I have discovered to the older versions of ERR, even if it is classed as a blending tobacco. It's absolutely delicious, and if you want it to be a spot on copy (in flavor, not appearance) I would mix it 4-1 with, say, Carter Hall or another sweetened burley.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
Per the thread above,if you are interested in seeing the blend formerly known as Edgeworth Ready-Rubbed returned to the United States market (although most probably under a different name), then please contact Mr. Lenonard Wortzel and let him know! His contact information is as follows:
Mr. Leonard Wortzel

Vice President of Marketing and Product Development

Scandinavian Tobacco Group Lane Headquarters

2280 Mountain Industrial Boulevard

Tucker, Georgia 30084
770.934.8540 (Please note that this telephone number is corrected from that which I previously listed)

leonard.wortzel@st-group.com
Please make your appeal brief, polite, and to the point. Perhaps if he hears from enough prospective buyers, then he will take the steps necessary to resurrect this blend!
Good Luck, and Good Smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.