PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My homely advice would be: Do good, and absolutely do something. Take the best job you can get, but keep reconsidering and looking. Do vote and do write your representatives, and don't make excuses about not doing that, pretending to be above it all. Don't just reinforce your own ideas; argue with yourself. You're real smart, but you're not all that smart, or if you are, do something astonishing and wonderful for all the world to see. When everything looks awful, help someone else. Take care of a family member or neighbor. The world looks less awful when you are making it less awful in specific ways, with specific work and some generosity. Address your own pain, physical and psychological. See what's funny. Have some fun. Those last two are good ways to start. Now I should take all my own advice.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
My Grandfather gave me good advice, his saying stuck with me all my life with the reality of living in the real world. His words in French, YOU CAN MAKE ME EAT SHIT, JUST DONT TELL ME ITS BUTTER.. :worship:

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
I'm late to this thread also. But I'd like to pontificate my 2 cents.
I will eat more prunes.
Drink more Geritol.
I will no longer hold in my gas in checkout lines.
I will no longer disrespect my wife's needs by leaving the toilet seat up.
I will stop asking waitresses, waiters, and cashiers at checkouts, if they accept cash.
And I will tolerate the intolerable.
And as always. I will continue to cherish my friends, my family, my business partners, my customers, and my God, who has given me all that I could ever wish for.

Status
Not open for further replies.