A Mother Load has fallen Into my lap and I think I need help.....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
Holy smoke!! I am also in the denver area.. Sounds like you may have things under control. What a score!

Jun 27, 2016
Wow! That's some undertaking!
I like the little black acorn with the diamond shank. Do you know who made it?
Also, does one pipe have some sort of vent holes in the rim?

pancakejake

Lurker
Mar 22, 2017
Dang, I thought I was doing good. I gave a guy a bunch of old siding and some cabinets for his new place and he came up with 20 pipes in 2 racks he bought from a storage unit sale. Every one of those pipes is ghosted with the same floral/baby powder note that I'd like to figure out what it is. I'm fairly certain it isn't Lakeland, I find Lakeland somewhat off putting but this is a friendly ghost. It may be from some long extinct blend as these pipes appear to have been in storage since the 70s.
Congratulations on your massive haul. I really like the light grained bent pot with the clear acrylic stem. There are several others that caught my eye but that one really flips my skirt. Looks like a few Cayugas in there.

cbates55

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2017
pipes.jpg

Is the pipe circled in Red a Rope pipe and if so could I see a closer picture of it? I am interested in it maybe if you want to sell it for a good price.

loomongous

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2015
Colorado
Great find. Christmas in March. I saw one "Doodler" in there. There are three that are rusticated to look like tree stumps. I had a couple of those by a maker who was from Arkansas if I recall correctly. They were well made, interesting pipes. Sold them to buy the next great thing. I am in Denver as well, by the way. PM me if I can be of any assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.