PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
So going through all my old tins of baccy tonight I came across a rare jewel I'd imagine. So back when I first got started the way I kept up with which cigars or Pipe tobacco I like was to keep the tin or the cigar ring. So I started trying to get them organized on excel well in going through my tins as I picked one up I thought HMMM that's awful heavy. Much to my surprise.. I find this.
DSC_2249.jpg

DSC_2248.jpg

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
@gwtwdbss Yea I think this weekend I'm going to break it out and see if like I heard on the pod cast talking about cellaring tobacco, I'm curious to see if the flavors have melded together..

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Congratulations! It's always fun to discover some long-overlooked tin.
But, um, you might want to consider just keeping a database of all the blends you've tried, instead of collecting tins. (I keep a database of what's in the cellar, what's open, and what I've tried. I also keep a handwritten book of tasting notes/reviews.)
If I kept a tin of every blend I liked, I'd need a closet as big as my wife's. ;)
Bob

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
@rmbitner yea that's what I was in the process of doing, thank you Google Documents, when I ran across this. I'm fairly ocd so I might also keep track of things like bulk weights and total tin weight. So I know when I need to buy and cellar some more bulk..

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Ok so I couldn't stand it.. I popped it open tonight and I must say.. I wont be smoking Frog Morton unless it's been aged again if I can help it. The flavors were very smooth and tasty!

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Damn. I wish I could afford to cellar more tobacco. Most of what I have is opened but put into mason jars.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
@fitzy Me too. This was a lucky happy stance. But I think I'm going to go and do what Brian said and for every one I buy to smoke I'm going to buy two to cellar. I'm going to let them age for atleast a year or two before they get opened..

Aug 14, 2012
While we are on the subject of frogs, I would like to request that you gentlemen (youse guys) stop calling me Froggy. My pseudonym on this site is Foggy, not Froggy. You know, from sitting in a cloud of smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.