PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Tonight I read where you can make shag tobacco using an electric coffee grinder, and I took a twist of Cotton Boll and tried it. My twist was dry, and I ground it a second or two too long, and wound up with 14 grams of coarse dust.

F9C56035-1A60-42AD-8995-A8B29DDA1698.jpeg

My wife was much amused by my attempt to make shag tobacco. She also insisted I clean her coffee grinder, and in doing so I spied her cheese grater with several choices of grates I’m going to use for my next attempt.

Being not only hard headed, but frugal, I was determined not to waste a half ounce of tobacco dust. I took a medium billiard saddle bit Three Star Lee and poured it full of dust. I now have 11 grams of Cotton Boll dust left.

Gentleman, I’ve accidentally discovered what may be the highest nicotine hit blend there is.

The taste is delicious, nutty sweet burley with a citrus note. The dust wants to burn hot, and must be sipped. I’m virtually immune to nicotine but I cannot begin to inhale this, even a little, and it’s giving me hiccups.

For a memorable nicotine experience, try grinding or grating up a strong tobacco into fine particles.

This is not an experiment that those sensitive to nicotine should try.

But for us nicotine slaves, see if you can finish one medium sized pipe full.

I’ve spent most of an hour trying to smoke this, and still going.

I’m enjoying every puff, but my wife asks me if that wasn’t a cigar I ground up in her coffee grinder, by the smell of it.:)

Last edited:

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
Tonight I read where you can make shag tobacco using an electric coffee grinder, and I took a twist of Cotton Boll and tried it. My twist was dry, and I ground it a second or two too long, and wound up with 14 grams of coarse dust.

View attachment 109408

My wife was much amused by my attempt to make shag tobacco. She also insisted I clean her coffee grinder, and in doing so I spied her cheese grater with several choices of grates I’m going to use for my next attempt.

Being not only hard headed, but frugal, I was determined not to waste a half ounce of tobacco dust. I took a medium billiard saddle bit Three Star Lee and poured it full of dust. I now have 11 grams of Cotton Boll dust left.

Gentleman, I’ve accidentally discovered what may be the highest nicotine hit blend there is.

The taste is delicious, nutty sweet burley with a citrus note. The dust wants to burn hot, and must be sipped. I’m virtually immune to nicotine but I cannot begin to inhale this, even a little, and it’s giving me hiccups.

For a memorable nicotine experience, try grinding or grating up a strong tobacco into fine particles.

This is not an experiment that those sensitive to nicotine should try.

But for us nicotine slaves, see if you can finish one medium sized pipe full.

I’ve spent most of an hour trying to smoke this, and still going.

I’m enjoying every puff, but my wife asks me if that wasn’t a cigar I ground up in her coffee grinder, by the smell of it.:)
I have to give that a go...

Reactions: Briar Lee

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
My wife started laughing at me before I finished my pipe full of dusted Cotton Boll.

She said you look like you might get sick, and I replied I just might.

This is how Native Americans got intoxicated using tobacco. I was light headed, dizzy, and turning green at the gills, but I kept on sipping it until the last bit. The pipe was cold to touch.

This afternoon I repacked that pipe with Hearth and Home Anniversary Kake, and I’m still getting a strong ghost of Cotton Boll dust. It’s very tasty, too.

My grandfather claimed Cotton Boll twist was exactly like the home grown “Long Green” his father let him smoke as a reward for starting the first grade in 1886.

No wonder he was a lifelong nicotine addict.

At 92, his wife lit his last Camel and he finished it, and he smiled and just sort of went to sleep, it looked like.

If you’ve never smoked finely granulated Cotton Boll twist, you are in for a treat.

Do it where you don’t have to drive until it wears off.:)