PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
This was an unusual request- a guy sent me a picture of a Dublin with a square shank and wanted something more in the style that I make...Here is the result....I'm kinda liking using a combination of blasted and smooth areas...

1ik9rk.jpg

fld3ip.jpg

9021hj.jpg

28gxqpu.jpg

2l15qf.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Gorgeous. I have a Ser Jacopo Dublin with a square shank, but not the grand rounded bowl with the smooth

brim, much less the metal work. I think your customer will invite over all his pipe smoking friends for a

showing.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I have a Ser Jacopo Dublin with a square shank, but not the grand rounded bowl with the smooth

brim, much less the metal work
What's funny, is the areas that look like metal are B&W Ebony....
Thanks for the comments guys!

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
" B&W Ebony"

Thats what I thought. Very nice pipe Zak! Man I'm a sucker for a rim like that full of birds eye!

Beatiful,

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Zach
The photo makes the black and white ebony look like yellow gold trim
That pipe is a beauty.
Will you be at the Chicago show?

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Zack--that is truly a beautiful pipe! For you and all the other pipe makers on this forum, from a guy who has no manual dexterity at all--I stand in awe of what you do. To be able to combine the artistry of the design with the engineering that a fine pipe requires is a remarkable combination of two very different skills.thank you for sharing.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL PIPE!!! The birdseye on the rim, great looking blast, stem/shank end detail, fantastic!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That is amazing Zack. I was totally fooled by the B&W ebony. I totally thought it was silver or some other metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.