PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
I'll reserve my highhorse routine until I get an answer as to where they stand regarding the lakelands issue.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
They are accepting of all? Right. Except for his continuous remarks about Internet snobs. Real accepting.
You do realize you're putting someone down for telling snobs that think he's not worthy to be in this hobby to piss off.
Personally I respect people who stand up to bullies and snobs and tell them to piss off.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Didn't know there were so many mixed feelings about them. I've been wanting to pick up one of their pipes because I've heard they are great smokers. Once I found they did a limited edition (I believe only 200 were made) collaboration with Eltang, I decided it was the perfect opportunity to pick one up. I'm excited for it to come in and see how it smokes!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I just found this video that seems to have been filmed primarily by Jayson from the Las Vegas Pipe Show.

It's about an hour long and does give a pretty good idea what it must be like to see thousands of pipes by all sorts of makers in one place and on display like at a flea market.

I see they must have brought all 200 of the BallDogs with 'em to that show!

Dagner's in Vegas

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I see they must have brought all 200 of the BallDogs with 'em to that show!
I think Jason said they took half of them to the show, so there'd still be half of them left to sell on the site. Not sure how many sold at the show, but I saw A LOT of people walking around with one showing it to friends after they purchased it.
It really is a great little smoker. Can't say enough good things about the pipe itself.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Lordofhepipering, thanks for the honest opinion. I'm disappointed by many of the comments I've read on here. It's sad to see people calling a guy a "tool" without ever meeting him or trying one of their pipes. Don't get me wrong, I don't care for their YouTube channel (I don't care for any vlog YouTube channel), but I've heard great things from people who have stopped by their booths at shows and even the few reviews out there about their pipes. Haters will be haters I suppose.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
There are several outfits in Italy that specialize in making large batches of inexpensive pipes. Anyone who might want some only has to send them drawings and a check. I could do it, anyone on this board could do it.
France was the go-to place for that for many decades, now it's Italy.
The only thing that makes this instance unusual is that a famous-maker name appears on them. Doubly unusual in that his design influence is nowhere to be found.
Oh well. I suppose groceries aren't free in Denmark, either.
As for Mr. Dagner and the Hipster BeardBro crowd in general, I have no interest in social media culture (and intend to keep it that way), but have seen one of the aforementioned blog videos. One was quite enough. Watching drunk people laugh non-stop at their own bad jokes while trying to gross each other out with belches is not my thing, I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.