PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
I started on a cob and I still prefer it to my briars. When my grandfather passed earlier this year I was given all of his old estate pipes, some of which I like more than my cobs. But I like my cobs just because I can smoke em' all day and beat em' to hell and they keep kicking. Yea I probably look like a hick, but I don't smoke a pipe to look cool and due to Ohio's smoking laws I can't smoke anywhere I'd want to look cool. Then again all States have smoking laws, huh?

cuchulain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2014
Massachusetts
Why own a cob?

Because hydraulic fluid ruins the finish on a briar.

Because you can't get marine grease off anything for love or money.

Because leaving your pipe in the bottom of your tackle box leaves a rubbery ghost that hangs around worse than condor.

Because bar oil gets everywhere when you're bucking logs.

I've gone through all these scenarios personally. It's a hell of a lot easier to replace a five dollar legend than a comparable briar pipe. And it looks right with a pair of dungarees, a flannel and safety orange Husqvarna suspenders.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Lately I've been choosing a cob about 1 out of every 2 to 3 bowls, mostly cause they're just so damn easy, but also cause I like them.
tinner

Jul 29, 2014
I am going to get a Forever stem. I found I fell in the with this Cob O' Mine but the stem feels goofy and cheap. So, if I kill the pipe I can always replace it and keep the stem... forever.

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
I own a $55.00 cob and I love it. I probably spend just as much time looking at it as I do puffing on it.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I just ordered a MM Freehand off fleabay for $26.00 delivered. I have a few cobs and they're the Lou Gerhigs of pipes. They can play everyday and always deliver a nice easy smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.