PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I know a local mechanic who I take my car to for everything. I don't think we understand how much of a weapon your car can be and we shouldn't place our confidence in a low payed wallmart employee to take care of it... I am glad to hear you an yours are safe though, and that the kids have an exciting story to tell at school :p

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Wowwee, glad you and your family are safe. I'm not sure a shot and a bowl would be enough.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
Good to hear that everyone came out unharmed.
Something similar happened to my buddy after he got his tires changed. Back tire fell off in the middle rush-hour traffic. He sued the place that did the work (a big chain) and won a very nice settlement - enough to buy him and his mother brand new cars.
Usually, I'm not the "sue" it type of guy. But, when it comes to something like this, that can so easily lead to tragedy, these places should be held accountable.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Peck

What an experience-glad everyone is ok
I can easily understand how this could happen, even though it shouldn't . As stated earlier, the only true way to prevent is to do it yourself or check it yourself which for many of us is unfeasible
Airplane and helicopter pilots (smaller craft) are not allowed to assume-they must do a physical check on the craft.
Maybe we should do that too.

Dec 24, 2012
I am not a mechanical guy - That is why we use a wheel specialty place. They store our summer or winter tires while we are using the other set and then we take each vehicle in and change them over when we need the other set. Saves me having to store the set I'm not using. I have used this place for years and have never had an issue. Needless to say, I will be having a pretty stern conversation with them on Monday morning. The damage to the vehicle will, I am sure, be several thousand dollars. If I don't get satisfaction from them, then I will sick one of my litigation partners on them. One card I do have in my favour is I can litigate for free whereas they, I suspect, can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.