PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Peck:
I want more photos, with full lighting, so I can better enjoy it vicariously. ;)
Good thing my Mac keyboard is fairly drool-resistant. . .
Bob

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
"I have contacted the folks at A&E about your disorder. They should be contacting you shortly to discuss a TV show."
And if you ever decide to go on "The Biggest Loser" to rid yourself of those ugly 600 pounds, we hope you'll let your friends here know, so they can all support and encourage you in your efforts to slim down.
Bob

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
One more:
If this were an episode of "The Twilight Zone" you would awaken tomorrow to suddenly find yourself living in a world without matches or butane.
Bob

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Congatulations Peck. What an accomplishment. Your fellow Canadian briar brothers are in awe. Hard to believe our postal service is in trouble given your contribution to their bottom line. Bravo, sir, bravo!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
So about that wine collection????
I would LOVE to see a thread on that. My wedding was at Kunde Estate winery in Sonoma, CA so I am a bit of a wine fan and also have WAD.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Great job Peck! If you can afford it you have not only a life time supply but a great investment. Being Canadian also adds to the urgency to have a good/great cellar.
Now that Harris and you have semi-retired from buying, maybe some of us will be able to buy the hard to get blends that magically disappear in a matter of a few phone calls. ;)
Craig

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, the biggest mistake I made in my life was giving you my list of flakes over a year ago, I would have completed my cellar 6 months earlier if I did not have to compete with your sorry ass.
Seriously though congrats on thinking you are done cellaring, but we both know that is not really true now is it? Your disorder will always have you buying more tobacco and maybe when you hit 1000 pounds, you will feel that is enough, but I kind of doubt it. Your need to have tobacco delivered to your door on a daily basis is just too strong so just admit it, you cannot stop buying. Just make sure you let us in on any new favorites you come across as the Klondike Gold was a total winner.
Also let us know when you hit the 1000 pipe mark, I am sure you must be at 300 plus right now so you have much more worrk to do on that front. The thought of not seeing pics of all the great pipes you buy is too much to bare.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Your disorder will always have you buying more tobacco and maybe when you hit 1000 pounds, you will feel that is enough, but I kind of doubt it. Your need to have tobacco delivered to your door on a daily basis is just too strong so just admit it, you cannot stop buying.
Actually, some of us locals are counting on this... because Peck could charge us twice what he paid for his tobacco and it would still be 30% less than retail in an Ontario B&M. :puffy:
-- Pat

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
Make sure you have fire damage insurance applied to your tobacco. That way if it happens to go up in smoke.....

Way to go Peck, we're not worthy...

Dec 24, 2012
So, today my wife shows me two boxes of chocolates.
"What are those for", I asked.
"I'm giving these to the poor old ladies that work in our Post Office, after the hell you put them through this year," she replied.
Yeesh. Was it really that bad? heh heh

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
600 lb. stash, burning 3 lbs/yr = 200 years + 44 years age now = 244 year life expectancy. Maybe you should look to live with Harris in Florida, near the fountain of youth.
Congrats, Peck.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Peck, funny you mention getting chocolates for the post office. My Girlfriend made me get them a chrsimas card because I had many a fights with customs about the amount of duty I was charged on multiple packages. Unfortunately, the poor girls at the post office had to deal with my frustrations, even though I feel I was as polite as I could be :)

Status
Not open for further replies.