PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
That is a really nice pipe. The shape is perfect. Looks like a swimming shark! Just wondering if you ever thought of making a simple billiard? :?:

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
Very cool! Looking into making a pipe or two to get me through the incoming long winter months here in MN. Gotta any suggestions for a guy that owns a couple power tools? And methods on how to shape briar. Useful books or links would be helpful.
Thanks fellas,

Donavan

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Gotta any suggestions for a guy that owns a couple power tools? And methods on how to shape briar
Hands down, the best site on the interenet is http://pipemakersforum.com/. You'll can earn a PHD (Pipe Hole Drillin'). Lot's of good info on techniques, tools, supplies, etc.
Looks like a swimming shark! Just wondering if you ever thought of making a simple billiard?
I actually do a lot of billiards- probably one of my favorite shapes....

2eojlac.jpg

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Looks along the lines to one of Jason Cochey, aka "Briar Bird" pipes, whose pipes i love. I was looking at his website recently and saw this one. It does not have nearly the same amount of attention to detail and as much curve and sideways curvature as yours does, but they struck me as similar lines of thinking. Also, your stem work is simply mind blowing and definitely it in a class of its own. Great work, Zack!
Here's the one from Jason's "Briar Bird" website:
8eca6494afa7f55768806429a94ca799

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Wow, thanks for posting the pics of those billiards. They are all gorgeous. I seem to see all of your more complex shapes posted here. Just thinking of the time it took you to build this pipe. That is a lot of man hours and hard work. :worship:

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
It seems your hands,eyes, and brain were in perfect tune with that piece of briar. Amazing.
A lab wouldn't be good for that, tender mouths and loyal retrievers. I bet a pit bull puppy could give you a head start
Then fill the bowl with catnip, give it to kitty and then appreciate the wonderful rustication.

Status
Not open for further replies.