PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Been puffing seriously since 2010. Nobody really gives me any type of hell for it. My fiance even went to a medical academy in high school and she's okay with it. My mom loves the smell and loves when I have a bowl around her. My dad still smokes nails, so he's all of, "At least you're not on the coffin nails like me.".

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
I have been in the Marine Corps for 20 years now, with so many deployments and combat tours that I almost didn't come home from, my smoking of pipes/cigars is my family's least concern.

nhpro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
dulgunz,

Glad you are home safe with family, 20 years of service is a long time.
-Thank you, and may you always enjoy a good pipe with the wind at your back.....

rottingcorpse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2015
My dad is fine with it (he smokes cigars.) The rest of the family smokes pipes too, but there's a different plant than tobacco in their pipes.

bwithers55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 17, 2012
I think I would get more resistance to taking up riding a motorcycle than I have to smoking my pipes.
I'm 60 and started with my pipes in 2000-02. My wife financed my first "fancy" pipe at $50. Now, 15 years later, she is interested to see what I've acquired, but get downright excited about any pipes I'm selling.
Best Wishes,

Bill Withers

gigmaster

Lurker
Jun 30, 2010
I started in 1971. My first pipe was a Missouri Meerschaum Legend, and for years, all I would smoke was Middleton's Apple (Old Forest Fire...a real tongue-scorcher), and Prince Albert, back when it came in metal cans. I smoked it mostly because the empty tins made great bait cans for fishing worms, when empty. I just had to be careful about not mixing up the empty cans with ones that had tobacco. Peat Moss tastes really funky in a pipe, and never stays lit good...... :)
As far as family, I left home when I could join the Marine Corps, and stayed gone, so family wasn't much of a problem. Back in those days, anyone could buy tobacco. Only alcohol was restricted (21+). Funny thing...even though tobacco wasn't restricted, not that many of my generation has died from under-aged pipe smoking. Vietnam killed a lot more of us than tobacco ever did.
Semper Fi!

Status
Not open for further replies.