azpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2015
Here is a link with him expressing his gratitude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faVbzcI9uLw

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I am glad that Muttn'shop is till uploading videos. I wouldn't imagine that computers are so expensive in the US that he was in danger of being offline for a year, while he saved up for a new one.

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I’ve been smoking pipes for about 10 years but have learned more over the last 2 watching Muttnchop’s videos. Glad he’s still around.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Good ol' Muttnchop! A fantastic resource for the beginner pipe smoker. Set the playback speed to 1.5, since he talks slower than anyone I've ever met, and then, sit back and learn.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
"a group of 3 or more pipesmokers shall be known as a mantle" and an endless amount of other megalomaniacal rubbish.

Shove off Muttonchop. Don't tell me what to do or how to do it.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
"a group of 3 or more pipesmokers shall be known as a mantle" and an endless amount of other megalomaniacal rubbish.

Shove off Muttonchop. Don't tell me what to do or how to do it.
Not sure how anyone could get this impression from his videos. Unless of course the only one they have watched is the one where he begins by sarcastically making fun of people with this type of attitude before telling everyone it is a big joke and everyone should do whatever they want.

echambers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2017
I know this sounds bad perhaps so I'll start by making it clear that I love MuttonChop's videos. There is something so down to earth about him.
I do, however, listen to him when I am trouble sleeping. Something about his voice and cadence puts me right to sleep!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Chris can get a bit preachy. Here's my favorite muttonchop piper.
fatbastard.jpg

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Video is unavailable.
I could be wrong or be missing details but from what I've gathered..

His computer broke down so he enlisted the help of his faithful "online/YouTube pipe community" to buy him a new one.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I wouldn't imagine that computers are so expensive in the US that he was in danger of being offline for a year, while he saved up for a new one.
Depending on what you want to do on the computer, they can be relatively inexpensive. The more technical the work you do, the more expensive the computer you will need. I do advertising and design work and work on some very large files. I can't easily do my work on a straight off-the-shelf computer. I'm sure that it takes a bigger, faster computer with a lot of memory to put together a video and have it professional looking.

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
Enjoyed his videos from time time. There have been a few that come and go. Does anyone recall a John Lione from England, he did a few Pipe Smoking Videos, then he disappeared? I enjoyed his!
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.