3 Year Journey: Complete Set of Continental X-Series (Pic Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Update
I hunted down the last two smooth finish Continentals to replace the two wire carved shapes. Completing the original goal of having all 12 Continentals in a smooth finish. The cherry on top: a factory Grabow wall display. My guy at the local B&M hooked me up.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
While three years can seem like a long while when trying to put something like this together in the scheme of things it truly isn't especially when you'll be rewarded with owning them for many years to come, congratulations.

banjo

Mar 30, 2014
wv
What's next? 12 Continental's in a blasted finish. I already have a few. Also hunting down all 6 shapes of LHS Special Makes.

Yes, I really miss Ed too. He helped me get a couple of these Continental's posted above.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
That is an outstanding collection, great job, those are really beautiful pipes. Dr. Grabow, I would have never thought. Many of those wonderful shapes remind me of old Stanwell's, Kriswill's and Dan Pipes.
I would love to know the back story on who carved these for Grabow. I presume that they were not carved by Grabow, but I could be wrong, would not be the first time!
Beautiful collection and end to quest, which is always rewarding!
Enjoy,

Lou

Mar 30, 2014
wv
@ Lou
Continental's were made start to finish right at the Grabow factory.
And all sandblasted Grabow's ever made was the work of one man. They made blasted pipes for about 20 years give or take until he retired. Going from memory here. I'll look up the article and try to post it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.