3.5oz of tobacco for only $1,000.00 at Smoking Pipes..........

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Thought this was a bit odd.
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/larsen/W.O.-Larsen-2015-Limited-Release-Hand-Pressed-3.5oz/product_id/221096

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Must have been swept off the floor of the golden stall in Esoterica's stable.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
What's even more ridiculous is pipe tobacco isn't supposed to be stored in a humidor http://pipesmagazine.com/python/pipe-tobacco/pipe-tobacco-storage/

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
*Because this is such a rare and expensive product, we decided not to open a tin to inspect its components; therefore our tobacco notes and component information are reasonable guesses based on information from the manufacturer.
The seller isn't even willing to open a tin and try it due to the high price. Go figure.
Saw that about a month ago and thought, "Mmmmmm.....no".
I'm surprised something that special has taken more than a month to sell out.

lonefrog615

Might Stick Around
Nov 19, 2015
I feel like this is some kind of crazy bet someone made.

"Hey Jim! I bet you one dollar american we can get some one to pay a grand for 3 and a half ounces of tobacco."

Jim's like "No way :? You're on buddy "

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I took out a line of credit and purchased seven of these. In five years a rich fella from China is going to pay twice as much when I list them with Pipestud.

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
I saw it on another site for $750.00 so if you dig a little you can get a deal...

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
What's even more ridiculous is pipe tobacco isn't supposed to be stored in a humidor
In general you are right. However, if the humidor has been made for the pipe tobacco, and keeps it at the right humidity (lower than the required 70% RH for cigars), I do not envision any issues arising. That being said, I need to top up the solution in my cigar humidors every couple of months. How are these humidors being maintained while waiting to be sold?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
To some hedge fund guy who can't buy Manhattan real estate fast enough to stay ahead of his holiday bonus, and who handles his pocket cash with a coal shovel, this might be an amusing piece of self-reward. They've evicted all the musicians, poets and artists from Greenwich Village to revamp the old brownstones and now many stand empty as investment properties. A thousand for 3.5 ounces of tobacco, three thousand for a bottle of red wine ... nary a blink.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Or the derivatives people, let's not forget them. These are investments that are so complicated, they are designed by math Ph.D.'s and self-taught math geniuses to be indecipherable to average geniuses, much less any mere bank CEO or holder of a seat on the NY Stock Exchange. Basically, these investments are mystery boxes unknowable to their buyers and the brokers who sell them, based on a kind of magic thinking. It's like the invisible pony big brothers sell their younger brothers to cop they're piggy bank savings. These people too need thousand dollar tobacco. And Manhattan real estate to evict the arts community that used to live there. Sorry ... I'll behave.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Should this give hope to the Jays of the world who hand press tobaccos at home?? You guys: undercut this offering by a few hundred, and you'll still be very happy.....except where could you sell it??

Status
Not open for further replies.