$27+ for a 50g pouch of Pipe Tobacco (Ontario,CANADA)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I just paid $33 for a tin of Klondike Gold because I can't ever seem to get the timing right online to get some in stock.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Ok, I exaggerated, it is only $47.
Really!?! The land of no PST actually exceeds Ontario for tobacco taxation?
I had no idea...
-- Pat
The only products in Alberta that receive PST are tobacco and alcohol. And they make enough off those 2 products to make up for lost tax revenue on every other product sold within the province. Go figure.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
That's cheap. It's $50 for a 50g tin here in Alberta. Ok, Ok, I exaggerated, it is only $47.
That's crazy, when I was in alberta cigarettes and beer was cheaper than manitoba, I guess pipe tobacco they really gouge you then, as it's about 30$ give or take for a 50gm pouch here. This is why paying roughly 50$ including shipping for 200grms of tobacco online from the US simply makes sense.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I read this to my wife and said, "A storm's a comin'."
Yeah with universal healthcare they like to get the money to pay for it through massive tax increases. Funny thing is you can be as healthy as you want but you still pay the money for the guy who lives like crap to get the same care as you, which you probably won't need as you take care of yourself.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
You guys who have a hundred pounds of tobacco stashed away are the smart ones because we in the US are headed the same direction as Canada pretty quickly.I think I'll stop buying pipes and stock up on tobacco from now on.

nardzorb

Might Stick Around
Mar 19, 2014
I enquired for the first time what the cost of a pouch in New Brunswick is.

Also 27 bux!

Ordered a tin from the USA.

And I ordered some more, a TAD for cheaper baccy is happening.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
You guys who have a hundred pounds of tobacco stashed away are the smart ones because we in the US are headed the same direction as Canada

IMO Here in the states it will come from the private side with employers and insurance providers demanding a verifiable tobacco/nicotine free lifestyle. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.