2001 Ashton Magnum Pebble Grain (Unsmoked)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I was casually following this eBay auction for the past week. Tonight while watching the Pats trounce the Colts, as the auction approached the closing 30 seconds, I thought ... "what if I bid ... this much...?".
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-8-1-4-MAGNUM-STAMPED-2001-ASHTON-PEBBLE-GRAIN-PIPE-UNSMOKED-/121539571456?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4c52af00
Well I apparently won it. I didn't expect to win it. This was a complete impulse buy. Wasn't really on my wish list, and probably paid too much, but hey, I'll smoke it while I watch the Pats in the Super Bowl. Should last the entire game. I always wanted an Ashton, and now I've got a fairly rare one.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Damn, that's gorgeous! Look at that cumberland, my favorite stem material. Great score!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
I missed a chance for a really nice Bill Taylor once and I regret having let it get away. I don't really know that much about them, but enough to know that they are prized.

This one has a lot going for it.

You get a workout when you smoke it because it's so heavy.

It's large enough to heat the room.

Less need for refills or another pipe.

Should smoke very coolly. Sound proof walls.

It is likely, Cajun approved!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I was watching that one, I'm with Gigger. Ashton Magnums don't come up that often and unsmoked is a real coup. I thought it would break $600. A good reminder not to end an auction during an NFL Championship game....

I've used that seller before, he's a good guy who lists some very nice/intersting pieces. (also for an Ashton)
$_57.JPG

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Great pipe!!! A nice magnum is hard to pass up, I agree. While you were busy getting a deal, I was perhaps overpaying for a Rasmussen. C'est la vive!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Holy smokes. The comparison to the group 4 Dunhill is startling.
You're going to need a crane to pick this baby up!
Congrats and I hope it smokes well for you.

jimbo44

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2010
That was a steal; I've seen a few of them when Bill was alive and they were very expensive then. They are HUGE!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Now you're going to have to buy a really big pipe every time your team is in a big game.

Status
Not open for further replies.