PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sunnysmokes

Lurker
Oct 10, 2023
Tropical United States

Also get $20 in P&C cash for every $50 spent up to $100 with promo code TREATS. Or 15% more off with promo code Drop15

No affiliation just wanted to share

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I’ll take your share, at a fairly steep rebate! GH Dark Plug headed my way.

As Mr. Weasley said “Yes! I can see the plugs!”
You can hope it's on your way. Last time I ordered from them, waited 3 weeks to hear it had been shipped and, when still hearing nothing, began to call customer service-multiple times on hold before I had success with a live person answering. After 20 minute waits I would hang up. Customer service gal said nope they had failed to mail it and she would inform "management" they needed to do so. Did finally get it.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
You can hope it's on your way. Last time I ordered from them, waited 3 weeks to hear it had been shipped and, when still hearing nothing, began to call customer service-multiple times on hold before I had success with a live person answering. After 20 minute waits I would hang up. Customer service gal said nope they had failed to mail it and she would inform "management" they needed to do so. Did finally get it.
I’ve been a customer of P&C for ten years or so. I was a business partner for several years. They have some systemic problems that are probably pretty deeply rooted. Their service is about on par with other etailers, which isn’t sufficient in their segment. They’re no Amazon, for sure. But they’re better than 4Noggins. No where near as good as SmokingPipes. Iwan Ries and Mars have been perfect for me over the years.

Can’t beat the rebate, so I’ll tolerate any delays.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I had an issue with P&C recently, where I only received half of a certain tobacco I ordered. An email with a photo attached resulted in a full replacement of that blend being sent.

As a result, I'll keep going back. Their selection of bulks and some sales/discounts/bonuses/rebates are worth it for me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A few Christmases ago, my wife got me a Savinelli Oceano pipe that I ended up not liking. I returned it to P&C promptly and, from the time they received it, it took them almost a year to refund my money.
They double charged me for a 2017 IPSD order that I never received nor was reimbursed for. Big nope from me since then.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
No where near as good as SmokingPipes. Iwan Ries and Mars have been perfect for me over the years.

Mars not accepting Discover cards always seemed weird to me. As in, why would ANY business choose to reduce the headcount of its customer base?

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
They'd have to offer something crazy like 75% off before I'd consider subjecting myself to doing business with them again. They are consistently bad at what they do compared to every other company I deal with regardless of industry. Saving 20% just isn't worth the angst.

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
They'd have to offer something crazy like 75% off before I'd consider subjecting myself to doing business with them again. They are consistently bad at what they do compared to every other company I deal with regardless of industry. Saving 20% just isn't worth the angst.
I’ve never had an issue with them and have taken advantage of this Peterson sale like three years in a row now.

Got my usual sleeve of Navy Rolls.

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska
Placed my order on the 18th. The brown truck santa dropped it off a few minutes ago. Everything accounted for, was able to not only get OGS and Flake on sale, but snagged $100 in p&c cash as well. Got my pound of Fusiler's Ration Special Reserve for those cold winter nights and a tin of Best Brown Flake. I have not had a problem with them in multiple orders over multiple years.

20231023_110802.jpg

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska
Mars not accepting Discover cards always seemed weird to me. As in, why would ANY business choose to reduce the headcount of its customer base?
Not to derail this thread, but it's most likely because of the cash back or rewards aspect of those cards. We have made the decision at my shop to not take rewards cards because the retailer is the one that gets hit with those fees. And those fees add up on a car repair pretty quickly. Loosing 3-7% so a customer can get cash back or rewards is too much of a profit margin hit for us to take.