Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
Went to the TAPS Pipe show in Raleigh today and although it was small, it had a lot of pipes and stuff to see.I did find a show deal, a Rinaldo pipe $395 retail for $145. no tax. Will post a picture asap. Vey well run show and got a freebe of toacco from the club. The wife came and even she enjoyed it. She picked out the pipe, she has great taste. As good as this was I would probably lose my mind in Richmond or Chicago. Chow for now. :clap:

johnd

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2012
What a great find with the Rinaldo!

I and my wife stopped in as well. It was a modest sized show but still plenty of pipes to see and covet. I also got to meet Russ Ouelette from Pipesandcigars.com. Russ was a pleasure to meet. He was so welcoming, chatting and answering everyone's questions. He had a table full of his blends opened for all to sample! I picked up a tin of Russ' "Magnum Opus".

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Would love to see some photos of the show if anyone snapped any.
The size of the show is irrelevant. It's cool that there are even shows, regardless of size. I've been to the Raleigh show twice, and both times it was small, but still a great time.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
That's fantastic pipedisciple...glad you had the experience. I'd like to go to one myself one day if the opportunity every arises. Enjoy the new pipe!

rootling

Lurker
May 30, 2011
One of the few things i miss about living in Raleigh was going to the TAPS show, being able to go to Chicago makes up for it though.

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
My girlfriend and I were there as well and we both had a blast. It was my first show and I walked away with 72oz of tobacco that I won in the auction and a decent estate pipe (La Strada) for $31 even! I can't wait for next year! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.