1950s-60s New Old Stock Ronson Adonis (Butane)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Micah Redmond Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
48 Fresh Peterson Pipes
6 Fresh Ardor Pipes
30 Fresh Brigham Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
1950s-60s NOS! This Ronson Adonis butane lighter iteration was first released in 1958. A nod to the the 1957 Chevy, for sure. This one is a treasure. Purchased long ago and then tucked away and never used. I made sure it is in good working order. Super-cool IMHO.

American-made and British-made vintage lighters are my latest "rabbit hole". Someone stop me LOL. I have purchased 25+ vintage lighters in the past 6-8 weeks. I have issues!

IMG_0276.jpegIMG_0278.jpegIMG_0281.jpegIMG_0280.jpeg

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Too ‘Dan Dare’ & futuristic for me.
Here’s a nice display of your lighters, from Harrison Simmonds. If you look closely at the photo, you can see they’d replaced the old gas bunsen burner with a can of butane. Over here in the UK, all the old tobacconists had a gas burner on the counter so you could light up before leaving the shop.
IMG_1835.jpeg

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Too ‘Dan Dare’ & futuristic for me.
Here’s a nice display of your lighters, from Harrison Simmonds. If you look closely at the photo, you can see they’d replaced the old gas bunsen burner with a can of butane. Over here in the UK, all the old tobacconists had a gas burner on the counter so you could light up before leaving the shop.
View attachment 231241

That is a beautiful display! Thanks for sharing.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
My wife would love that light as she is a cigarette smoke. For a pipe and cigar smoker like me it isn't as useful.

I only smoke a pipe and it works just fine for me. However. the Nimrod is more pragmatic for pipes. I generally have 3 or 4 lighters sitting around when I smoke a pipe. I alternate between different lighters. Not necessary at all - LOL, but it's my thing.

Reactions: kcghost