PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the original pipe shown. In a darker finish I might buy one myself! In fact, I own pipes not too far different from it. The only point of this thread (originally) was why would the said pipe sell for almost $1500 when you can sensibly get (to me) identical pipes for only $130.00?
As the value and cost of pipes go up, it is only natural that one critiques them with a finer and finer comb. But I've seen many $1500 pipes I wish I could own-- this was not one of them.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Now its unsold! Musical pipes.
Several guys at SP.com read and participate on this forum AND have a wicked sense of humor.
Meaning there's a possibility---I am ONLY speculating here---the conversational pot was stirred yesterday for effect. :lol:
So. Sykes? (or Ted or Adam)... Gotta be honest, now... did you indulge your Inner Trickster? (Five stars if you did. It would be an all-time classic.) 8)

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I wonder if they took it down to fix some of the incorrect details like stem material, filter and shape.

bigbee

Might Stick Around
Sep 10, 2012
Reading this thread while smoking standard mixture mellow in my 320ks Siena(120€), big fan of some spiced up discussion(as long as someone does not take this to the personal level), so keep it coming! My take is that value is in the eye of the customer/seller and if the market finds a match between those two, that pipe will sell for whatever price they agree on.

I can only hope that the person buying this pipe will get 10 more smokes out of that machine as my Siena, but I doubt it :)

Jan 8, 2013
like standing with a group of guys talking about how stupid some guy is dressed, with purple hair and wearing only one shoe, when along comes a few knock-out blondes who throws their arms around him, shower him with kisses, and guide him into their Lamborghini,
Wait, what? You saw that? Best night of my life. We had a few drinks, went over to their apartment, dimmed the lights and put on some music.... and played Monopoly. :mrgreen:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
davet's $51.20 Rossi version of the 320 looks good to me. Same smoking characteristics, and at that price, you'll never lose it. I know the 320 is an extremely popular pipe, but I've always thought it was a bit heavy compared to other Savs and other pipes with the same size bowl. A great look, though, unquestionably. It has that hefty sturdiness akin to Petersons.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
I to think there are better deals out there. I just picked up a Stanwell Flawless bulldog. Out of 300,000 pipes made in a year they get about 20 Flawless. Cost me $300 for a new estate made between 78-82. $300 is a lot for me to pay for a pipe and is actually the 1st. Semmed worth it to me though. Should get here in a week to 2 weeks and cant wait. So I think you can find something very nice for a better price. That Brebia looks really nice.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@Al: he already did:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/stanwell-flawless-and-a-couple-more

Status
Not open for further replies.