PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

randelli

Preferred Member
Nov 21, 2015
Anyone have something to share about these? I don't find anything with the googles

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
12 Trees is a brand of pipe? How did you find out about them? I'd be interested to know about them but have never heard of them.

randelli

Preferred Member
Nov 21, 2015
From this ebay listing http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Tree-Made-in-Denmark-Egg-with-Panels-LIGHTLY-SMOKED-
I guess it is worth a $45 gamble???

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
It looks good at that price, and Danish pipes in general are done to high standards. I like the shaping on this egg; it has a lot of style and flow. I have a Genod egg shape that I like a lot, more understated than this, but holds quite a bit of leaf, surprisingly for its size. If you're attracted to this one, I'd go for it. And the name is catchy.

randelli

Preferred Member
Nov 21, 2015
Well I got it. I thought it looked different enough for a change of pace; but not all out weird like some danish pipes. I can't how big it will will be. I know that it weighs 1.65 ounces and the chamber depth is 2" - it may be pretty large...

mayfair70

Preferred Member
Sep 14, 2015
Ooooh !! Very nice lines there. I hope it smokes as great as it looks. Good score! :worship:

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds like a good light weight and depth, a lot of chamber in a medium size pipe. Since I cheered you on, I hope it's a winner. Looks good to me.

jazz

Preferred Member
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I have a Stanwell that has a shape very very similar to that. It is pretty much the same but mine looks a little longer. Ergonomically, that shape is a real joy to hold and smoke.

sjmiller

May 8, 2015
According to pipephil.eu, after following a couple of links, "Tree" pipes were put out by Oppenheimer Pipes Ltd. which you can read about at pipedia.org. Basically it was a holding company that owned a number of brands over the years including Comoy's, GBD, Dr. Plumb, Orlik, Ropp, etc.

randelli

Preferred Member
Nov 21, 2015
Thanks for the info sjmiller! I always forget about that site, it didn't pop up in my search, I guess I should have started there.
I should have it on Thursday so let's hope for good weather that night!

randelli

Preferred Member
Nov 21, 2015
I finally got around to posting a few pics of the 12 tree. It is in really good shape and I think I will be happy with it.

I have not smoked it yet. What does one smoke in an egg? Are danish pipes reserved for aros? What would you recommend?