PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Does anyone know of a store that sells sampler tins that contain 1-Q? Still new and trying to figure out what I like. Have read here a lot of people like 1-Q and I bought a small amount at my local tobacco patch. Thanks.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Being one of the most sold tobacco's in the USA... most local B&M's will sell it in bulk... you can pick up 1 ounce to see if you fancy it!

Actually even better... most local B&M will let you sample from their jars if you have your pipe with you :)

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Ok, good suggestion on carrying the pipe. I guess I need to pick up a pouch now. :)

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
If you like it, smokingpipes.com will sell you 8oz for $14.53; cost me $20.13 with shipping here to Texas. Same price for RLP-6.
1-Q

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks rothnh - I actually did that exact same thing tonight. The clerk's response was "I dont know what 1Q is. Sigh. I bought a few tins to sample a few things. I dont think there are any outstanding pipe-knowledgeable places in Seattle, at least that ive run into.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome aboard!

I suppose I should impart this bit of knowledge to you.

1Q has many names, this list is not a complete list:
1Q

Accountant

Wolverine

Lawrence :)

IQ-140

Yorkshire

Wilshire

Argonant

Ships Wheel

T.P.

Indian Summer

Park Avenue

Snow Flake

All Day Long

City's Own

Tipperary

Queen Mary

Tapistry

Aspen

Gardens Blend

Checkmate

Joes Blend

Normamdy

Hemingway

Timbas Own

Mariner Mixture

Door County Blend

Exotic Honey

Indescribable

Fireweed

Honey Bee

Coconut Cream

Reverie

Unique

Cape Charles

Aristocrat

Captains Blend

Ram

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Lawrence, that list saved me some heart ache at a local tobacconist, I wanted to pic up a few ounces of 1Q and the person behind tw counter was no help. As for your original question I do not know any samples that contain 1q but almost every website online will let you buy 1 oz of bulk.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Also, 1Q is a bulk tobacco: it comes in jars or some other larger container in a local B&M not tins. I had to ask the owner, as Roth suggested, what he sells "Lane 1Q as" and was then told its "coconut cream here".
If you're new and want to try some samples many of the site sponsors offer sampler packs, just add an ounce or four to your order.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
If you have not found it yet, I have a lot of it. I have several four ounce bags of it I will sell for $5.00 plus whatever it costs to ship it. I have a lot of Lane, McClelland, and a few other aromatics and a lot of Altidus blends I can sell you or anybody else that would like to try them.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
so on my biz trip to Denver i picked up a few samples. I dont think they're 1Q but I dont know. Rivendayle, Black Watch, Bowl of Cherries, Rasberry Creek. All from Edwards. They all smell wonderful and I cant wait to try em out....

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
No takers on my tobacco offer huh? I thought i would have many PM's too, but alas I have had none. Best selling tobacco in the world and I have it priced the cheapest and no takers. Hard crowd!

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
zonomo is a sad sack to learn that I cant order ANY tobacco since nobody will still it into my stupid state..... no sampler for me. :evil:

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Add "Unique" to your list Lawrence for 1-Q, that's what Fader's Tobacconists sell it as.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
send me a PM if you want tobacco.
I also have for the $5.00 4 oz plus shipping of $2.95 per 4 ounce or I will quote you shipping on multi 4 oz bags the following
McClelland X-10, X-9, Toasted Cavendish, Mild Burley, Mild Cavendish, Lane BCA, Very Cherry, SK-1 and then 8 oz bags of Leavings form a local tobacco shop that are really pretty good that I will sell for $6.00 a bag.
PM me or send an email to schube@suddenlink.net. I take PaPal as a gift or a check, money order, cashiers check.

Status
Not open for further replies.