PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
For what it's worth.Got some stuff on back order,had some problems with an order through the "Transition".But!!through it all,it's worth it.Ordered 9 tins of Dunhill(got 3 free),after the fact Emailed and asked about a sample of Lane HGL.Bottom line,got the Dunhill tins via USPS and the SAME day a UPS with just the 1oz sample of HGL in it!Russ,GOD BLESS YA MAN,thats Customer service. Dave

Aug 14, 2012
I keep trying to be their customer. Only one of the three orders I have placed with them has actually been delivered. They were out of the last order, but their site took the money anyway. Luckily it was Paypal and they refunded me. No emails explaining they were out of it and I was told a refund would take a while, so I had to go to Paypal for the funds. That was the last order. The second order I placed with them arrived with the box open. They hadn't bothered with packing material so the box probably opened from rough handling in transit. I had UPS pick it up and return it. Same problem with getting a refund. I think caution and Paypal are advisable in dealing with them. Other retailers are more reliable.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Dozens of orders for me have always been perfect. I feel bad for those they have come up short with. Personally they are the only ones I shop with. Granted I have not ordered since their merger

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I'm sorry for the difficulties people have had, and it's our policy to keep people informed when there are backorders and the like. We're still working out the bugs, but I've been assisting as best I can, and I've noticed a huge amount of progress, especially in the last week. If people need to contact me directly, the best method is to email me at russo@pipesandcigars.com. You can also call me at 610-2978-9051 x254, or via the 800 number, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get my voicemails (I'm in and out of the office trying to get to blending again).

I want to thank the people who have worked with us and who understand the difficulties while showing incredible patience. Very soon you'll see that your patience will be rewarded.
Russ

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I made my order on the 3rd, and never received any emails about how long it would take to get the backordered items to ship. Called the 800 number on the 6th, and they said two weeks, till they get it in. But I understand the changes going on, so I'm just being patient. Other than this months order, they were on time and undamaged, and very courteous. I may email him...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
When I ordered Dunhill tins for the 3 for 2 sale, I was told it would be two weeks before my order would be filled. I got them in about a week and half. No problems, no hassle.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
My second order of the month arrived before all of my first... all of the same stuff basically in both. Only critique would be that the boxes are too loosley packed. One bubble strip didn't keep the tins from getting banged up and dented... no way to really tell if the seals have been comprimised until I open them and can hear vacuum break. Oh and if I order 15 tins, maybe more than one box of matches is in order...just sayin.

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
During the transition "Tish" has been helping me with updated emails. I appreciate that and hope things will settle down to reliable efficiency.

Aug 14, 2012
Russ: Thanks for the good words. I will order from them again when there has been time to settle down in the new location.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Well, I recently placed a second order with them after reading Russ's comments above about problems being resolved.
Let's see... USPS Priority mail is two days. Received an instant reply about my order of 5/16 with a link to check on status of it. The item I ordered was in stock.
Just checked today and nothing's happened so far.
So by the time it "may" arrive, it may be closer to a week.
I think they still have lots of work to do in giving their customers USPS Priority shipping and charging them for that. Something's obviously clogging the order processing flow.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
lucky im with you on the packaging. My last order of all tins had only two bubble strips and one of them was popped. tins were pretty banged up. I don't know how much that bubble strip cost but they cant be saving that much money on them.

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
Got my back order today, three tins of 3 Oaks Syrian. Nice smoke. Thanks Tish.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
After emailing Russ, he forwarded me to the shipping director, Sean L. Anyway, I have gotten all in stock Items I ordered. They will get thing settled and all will be well with them again.
+1 Roth. I always go for the free shipping. Who could resist??

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I've always had a good experience ordering from them and just did recently with the 15% off on McClelland tobaccos which goes until today I think. Sure some items might be backordered but it's worth the wait. I'm sure you all have other tobacco to smoke while you wait to receive the backordered items, and they ship with no charge for over $100. order. And I have had great transactions with the new owners Cigars International for many years. Patience is a virtue they say, and IMO it works.

Glad to hear that everyone here is having good transactions with them.

Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.