PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Six individually wrapped gifts, each with a personalized artistic note from Jeff, TheIronMonkey:

View attachment 269874

Wow...not sure what else to say about this. Talk about creative and thoughtful! Not to mention a sweet hookup on some Capt Black Grape! Now I can see what all the fuss or disgust is all about 🤣. And I make 1 or 2 posts about the Fisher Price Shuttle and I get hooked up with the missing astronauts!? So I guess this is where I say, damn it, I misplaced my Daniel Defense DELTA 5 PRO .308 with a Leupold Mark 5...man I REALLY miss that thing! 😉

All kidding aside, Jeff, thanks a ton for the personalized notes on each gift, the samples (I haven't tried any of them and I can't wait to smoke them all this weekend when I know I can sit back, relax and enjoy them), the personalized Briar Fox (haven't had that yet either), Father Dempsey (solid English in my rotation), the pipe (which is an El Morjane), the astronauts and the Mariah Carey the nail polish (that'll go to 1 of my girls).

View attachment 269876

Samples included (in case zooming in on the pic is problematic):
Captain Black Grape (no joke, it was double bagged and I could still smell faint grape)
Folklore (2022)
GLP Westminster (2009)
Stonehaven (2021)
Penzance (2021)
Frog Morton OTT (2017)

View attachment 269877View attachment 269899View attachment 269900
That is outstanding. I hardly even have words for how thoughtful all of that is. Well done @TheIronMonkey !

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
In the past couple of years, if I try to order tobacco from Smoking Pipes, they tell me they can't ship to Maine. Maybe a new state law that I missed. On the other hand, ordering from Watch City or Pipestud has never been a problem. Go figure. Fortunately I no longer really have to order anything, unless greed rears its head.
Howdy mngslvs and unfortunately, the Maine laws have changed and pipe tobacco can be shipped to Maine only if the recipient has a Maine tobacco license. I have a couple of Maine customers who now have me ship their purchases to either a family member or friend in another state and then have that family member or friend forward their purchases to them. But even then, it is breaking Maine law to ship tobacco into the state to anyone other than a licensed retailer. Such laws just flabbergast me. And if I lived in Maine, where marijuana products can be legally sold, as a private citizen I could ship up to 2.5oz of marijuana to anyone who also lived in Maine. BUT, I could not ship cigarettes, cigars or pipe tobacco to a fellow Maine resident. Go figure...

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
So after donning appropriate bomb suit I engaged the culprit.
Turns out I was packaged by someone who has quite a unique sense of humor and has no idea how bad I really have been. :ROFLMAO:
He managed to far outdo me in the giving department, so once again, next year will require even greater effort on my part.
Zoom in and read the letter for a complete list of blends, as well as important life lesson/skills/education...
And those samples of Pipe Force - at first I thought it was just the ones which have been officially released. But no - there are samples of all 6! Hence that 2nd picture.
I will be digging in to these ASAP.
Thanks to a very generous Secret Santa.
And of the 23 blends, I've only tried 5, so this was a SCORE!

View attachment 270053

View attachment 270054

View attachment 270055

View attachment 270058
And since the Nightcap was open I had 2 bowls last night. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.