PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Downed a clay of Special Virginia in under a minute yesterday - getting some practice in for the fast smoke. Dropped a load of vapes off at Brimington Co-op yesterday on the way to Mum & Dad's for dinner.
Do you think the Egremont fast smoke should have its own thread?
That amount of time to smoke a bowl in a clay would be normal for me and not constitute a "fast smoke." Clay bowls are just too small.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a little low calorie snacking, and an a quarter of the way through this bowl of Hearth & Home AJ’s Vaper in a pre-1952 Sutliff Falcon 372 (made by Comoy’s) smooth light brown straight bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Listening to the Dodgers-Padres game as I work.
Comoy's_Sutliff_Falcon372_Bulldog.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 2019 C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Just fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger. Time to read baseball box scores.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

Attachments

• Cromford pipelighter.JPG
    Cromford pipelighter.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 4

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
My smokes for the rest of the day today have been:

- Super Value Bourbon Whiskey in a Missouri Meerschaum Country Gentleman

- Mac Baren HH Pure Virginia in a Rattray's Blower's Daughter

- Mac Baren Golden Extra in a Morgan Bones Milan

Tonight was my first time trying Golden Extra and it's pretty good! A mostly smooth and lightly nutty burley blend that's apparently considered an old timey codger blend over in Denmark. I've heard tell that there is a light chocolate topping on it, though if there is I sure can't pick it out. The burleys do have the same slightly astringent quality I found in Mac Baren's HH Burley Flake that vaguely reminds me of rotting grapefruit and made me not care for it, though that may just be a "me thing" since I've never heard of anyone else finding Mac Baren's burleys to be astringent tasting. Maybe I'm just more of a Cornell & Diehl guy when it comes to burley blends! 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.