PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ThebigFil

Lurker
Feb 15, 2024
UK SW Plymouth
Heya 👋.

I'm Phil 😁 from Devon UK.

I smoked pipes, roll ups and cigars until I hit 30.
I traded those hobbies in for PC gaming, Espresso pulling, Warhammer and whiskey.

I'm now 42 😬...
I haven't smoked in 12 years, but decided last Friday after stumbling across a man on YouTube who was smoking a pipe and reading some Tolkien. That I missed the odd casual pipe, I'll have the odd cigar maybe 3 a year but piping, for want of a better word is definitely a unique thing.

So here I come. Back into obsession, emptier bank accounts, tongue bite and a beautiful smelling Study.

I sold off most of my pipes and Zippos in 2012 including my UK commissioned extended black Bing with 925 silver (wish I could remember who made it for me).

I am now down to 2 MM corn pipes and my Savanelli Tortuga and a Danish Polo.

But I did keep all my tobacco. It wasn't cellered to make money. I just couldn't part with them knowing they may improve with age.

1000009137.jpg

Anyways, thank you for reading. Hopefully we'll all become great pals.

Phil 🌈 💨

ThebigFil

Lurker
Feb 15, 2024
UK SW Plymouth
Welcome back to the group, from Southern California. There's a punitive charge of two tins of Penzance to each forum member should you ever desert us again. 😁

Enjoy the journey! Nice Tortuga by the way...I have a 614 myself, and it's a real workhorse.
I really love the modern yet rustic overall design of Savanelli pipes. They really appeal to me when competes to UK or Irish factory offerings.