Nothing But a Bunch of Reactionaries Here!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
It is always nice to see responses to posts. There is no doubt that social media is a bit narcissistic and masturbatory, but getting responses lets you know that your missives are resonating, and that folks are either enjoying them or pissed off at you. So although it's reassuring to log in and see "12" or "32" on the notifications, it's even nicer to see when those responses are quotes/replies. Then you know that you are promoting real conversation, not just screaming into the void of space,

When it's all just "reacted". and no "quoted" I find myself complaining to myself "Just a bunch of reactionaries here!"

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
It is always nice to see responses to posts. There is no doubt that social media is a bit narcissistic and masturbatory, but getting responses lets you know that your missives are resonating, and that folks are either enjoying them or pissed off at you. So although it's reassuring to log in and see "12" or "32" on the notifications, it's even nicer to see when those responses are quotes/replies. Then you know that you are promoting real conversation, not just screaming into the void of space,

When it's all just "reacted". and no "quoted" I find myself complaining to myself "Just a bunch of reactionaries here!"
ha i have had similiar thoughts. Like reactions but love replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011

👍

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC

This is a post I can get behind (and hide??)

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks

👍🏻

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO

Gonna follow the group with a 👍🏻

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA

*PA Piper Mike liked this* 🤣

Kidding aside, responses are always nice, especially when it continues the conversation.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England

Don’t worry, you’ve made it perfectly clear that your a narcissist.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
It's always great to be a part of a conversation about something you enjoy and it's even better to be able to converse with people and explore ideas as well as differences in opinion. The notification I wish I could turn off but has not been invented yet is the one that would make a post invisible to certain individuals who either think they are Carly Simon - "I bet you think this post is about you" or can't stand living without dogging someone who disagrees with them and who literally doesn't give a shit about them or think about them ever but just like gravity, seems to attract them no matter what. If. you disagree with someone, ignore them. The function is clearly a part of this forum.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
It's always great to be a part of a conversation about something you enjoy and it's even better to be able to converse with people and explore ideas as well as differences in opinion. The notification I wish I could turn off but has not been invented yet is the one that would make a post invisible to certain individuals who either think they are Carly Simon - "I bet you think this post is about you" or can't stand living without dogging someone who disagrees with them and who literally doesn't give a shit about them or think about them ever but just like gravity, seems to attract them no matter what. If. you disagree with someone, ignore them. The function is clearly a part of this forum.
Who on God's Green Earth could you possibly be referring to?

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011

You’re so full of shit.
Ha! What do I win?