Finally Taking this Seriously After a Few Years!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Wojtek Pastuch Pipes
New Accessories
12 Fresh Caminetto Pipes
2 Fresh Micah Redmond Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sep 4, 2022
Brooklyn. NY
linktr.ee
I will give the advice to you that I give to every new smoker. Buy a good pipe to start. A 100.00-150.00 Savinelli with no filter will give you a cool dry smoke and will give you a baseline as to how a good pipe should smoke. Once you have a baseline you will know when you buy a pipe that is shit. A shit pipe will smoke wet and hot and ruin your tobacco. If a pipe cannot take a fluffy pipe cleaner into the bottom of the bowl with ease, pass on it.

Once you get a few good pipes then focus on the different genres of pipe tobacco. Virginia, Virginia/Perique, Virginia/Burley/Kentucky. Save the aromatics until you have learned how to smoke your pipes as those can burn wet and hot and never taste as good as they smell.

I would also start researching how to smoke flake tobacco. Eventually you will want to try flakes and know what to do in advance is a good idea. You have a long journey ahead of you and you want to have fun.
Thanks very much. Yes I think I’m going to just do that. All the pipes I have are about $45 pipes and ehhh. Flake is actually my favorite. Virginia and and English. Just getting into Cake now and liking it very much so

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Welcome to the world of pipe smoking. As a few have already said before, I would strongly recommend getting a filterless Savinelli as a first pipe. If you can’t afford a Savinelli, I would suggest a Rossi pipe, which is Savinelli’s more affordable line. I hate to recommend a single brand but I’ve had quite a few briars in the $40-$100 range and my Savinellis perform so much better than most of the other brands I’ve tried. That’s not to say that you can’t get a quality, inexpensive pipe from another brand but I would say that you have a much higher chance of getting a quality smoker with a Savinelli. I don’t have a Rossi so I can’t speak to their quality but is imagine they’re held to a high standard as well. My tre rusticated pipes were had for under $100 and they’re filterless Savinellis.

Reactions: Jonas T Perrin

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Sep 4, 2022
Brooklyn. NY
linktr.ee
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.
Thanks for the tip. Will do

Reactions: jpmcwjr