PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogers

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 9, 2012
ebay find. The seller could not make out the stamping and neither could I until after I cleaned it. I wanted a cheap knock-around pipe and this bulldog listed at $4.95 fit the bill. Long story short, it turned out to be a Dunhill Bruyure made between 1912 and 1917 with ivory white dot inlay. Sweet smoker. Over 100 years old and still smoking.
.. like a got dang choo-choo train I tell you what. puf

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Here's the full size image of the thumbnail above.
Interesting!

de298061-8120-4760-b226-a3ce0f41de5b-jpeg.2803

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
No image!

If it's on your computer, you drag it into the image box after opening. If you want to link to an image, click on the link button and paste the URL into the box that opens.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The symbol to LINK is the right hand symbol on the upper left of the box. (Looks like a tilted infinity sign.)

No need to resize, as the server will do that for you. Choose full size image, not thumbnail.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
More than my fair share over the years... two lots of 30 NOS Trypis pipes for $5ea got me started cleaning up and scavenging for estates.

A couple years later a large score of pre-loved Blatters helped fund my cellar and PAD. (So This Happened - Monster Estate Haul (Pics) :: Pipe Talk - http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/so-this-happened-monster-estate-haul-pics.38626/)

I traded a Brigham Chinook Bulldog for a birth year Dunhill Shell...

If you look long enough, and smart enough, you’ll find a gem for a song too.

Reactions: rogers

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Mine is not rare or vintage, but I just got an Ashton Pebble Grain Lovat XX when smokingpipes had their most recent estate sale. Definitely my best estate score, it is orders of magnitude above any other pipe I own, both in terms of looks and smoking characteristics. I’ve been smoking the crap out of it. Got it for $148, I think new retail in the U.S. would be around $250-$300? I just paid $225 for a new Brindle Lovat this morning from a shop in Italy.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Mine is not rare or vintage, but I just got an Ashton Pebble Grain Lovat XX when smokingpipes had their most recent estate sale. Definitely my best estate score, it is orders of magnitude above any other pipe I own, both in terms of looks and smoking characteristics. I’ve been smoking the crap out of it. Got it for $148, I think new retail in the U.S. would be around $250-$300? I just paid $225 for a new Brindle Lovat this morning from a shop in Italy.

View attachment 5499

Beautiful! I love Ashton Brindles and that one has some awesome grain.

Reactions: mtwaller
Status
Not open for further replies.