PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
There's people on here that use/like them but I'm not a big fan. You have to keep the trigger depressed to keep the flame going (unlike the zippo gas version) and its poor in windy conditions outside (unlike the zippo gas version). So if you already have a nice butane soft flame lighter, I can't recommend it.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I have a couple. They do work well and are orderless. I used to use them on my cigars but the fuel tank is too small. Better for pipes though. If you do like Zippo and smoke cigars, on Amazon they have one that when you light it its a torch but when you let go its soft flame and shutting the lid puts it out. Works great if you smoke both.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Butane lighters usually suck in breezy/windy conditions, so for me, that kind of defeats the zippo’s purpose.
I don’t like carrying a fluid filled zippo in my pocket and no longer smoke cigarettes so won't carry in a belt pouch, so I not too drawn to a zippo currently.
I’ve been toying with getting one with the fluid fueled pipe insert for the patio, as I smoke outside and it’s never still here.

pipesandscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2010
Northeast PA
Curious about these Zippo inserts that use Butane gas. I'm not a huge fan of the standard Zippo odor/taste and these seem to be a work around. Any of y'uns out there tried one of these? Do they work well? Thanks for your input.
The Zippo brand soft flame has been discussed in other threads a bit, and the consensus seems to be that the lack of a flame adjustment is a deal breaker. I have one and I don't use it for that reason. Go Vols, y'all!

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
Zippo has recently come out with a pipe butane insert, side flame, the flame is medium size, ideal for a pipe. It also has a 2 year warranty.

Reactions: TN Jed